• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2015-2016 MLB off-season

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Three more days until catchers and pitchers report – exciting times ahead.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ken Rosenthal

✔‎@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Teams reviewing medicals in Bruce/Saunders trade. If completed, Bruce to #BlueJays, Saunders to #Angels, prospect(s) to #Reds.
Not sure how I feel about this yet. Bruce has been pretty terrible at a ballpark that is very friendly for hitter during the last few years. But, maybe a change of scenery and joining the best offence in baseball will turn things around for him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ian Desmond gets 1 year, $8 million from the Rangers.

He turned down a qualifying offer ($15.8 million) after last season.

He turned down a 7-year, $105 million extension after the 2013 season.

Well played, Ian.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
lol! Since Desmond is a bitch I gotta admit this gives me much pleasure

Although 8 million bucks is still great but whenever you're offered over 100 and have to settle...that's pathetic.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cole upset at Pirates over salary

Apparently, Cole is pissed. According to the article, the Pirates have a system in place in which the maximum raise they will offer a player who is not eligible for arbitration is $7,000.

This is a real issue, though. It happened with Trout a few years ago. The better players are getting younger, and the younger guys don't make any money. Then they reach their 30s and start to decline and we complain about them being overpaid.