• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2015-2016 MLB off-season

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seven years, $217 million for David Price from the Red Sox.

That one hurts a lot. Like a lot.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Been hearing the rumors of Red Sox hunting for Price for a couple of days. I'm not happy about it but I can't say I'm surprised. I'm not expecting David Price to be as welcome as he was a few weeks ago in the Jays uniform.

I'm just hoping that the Jays will be able to find that #1 starter for the rotation. We need someone solid to support Stroman.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There’s lots of good starters left on the Free Agent market, and we’ll know more if Jays will be a contender for them when Greinke is off the market. I think Stroman is ready to be an Ace. Heck, I wanted him to be our Ace last season before he went down in the off-season. But, let’s make something clear, he’s definitely not on Price level just yet.

TheAngrySportsGuy

Registered Member
Jays rotation is set. Stroman, Dickey, Estrada, Happ and Chavez. Only way that changes is if Hutch outperforms Chavez in the spring (or maybe some other unknown at this point young guy or low salary vet). The trade of Hendricks for Chavez makes little sense if the Jays are just thinking Chavez is the swing man. Hendricks could have been that for a fraction of the cost. Or even Hutch. I can't see this FO going out and spending more to get a guy that is doing the same job as the guy he was traded for. The plan right now, I believe is Chavez is in the rotation. There will be no Shark (I'm not a big fan anyway) or anyone of that magnitude....MAYBE a Kazmir if he's still hanging around, but since he doesn't have the draft pick attached I doubt he'll get a below market deal.

So this is it people, love it or HATE IT!

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Blue Jays to introduce new GM Ross Atkins Friday morning at 11 AM. Atkins previously worked for Mark Shapiro in Cleveland.

While Bob McCown is deadset against this hiring, I, for one, am willing to give that man a chance to see what he'll do. If he dismantles this team though, I'm not gonna be that supportive of him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Only speculating here, but I wouldn’t be surprised if LaCava wasn't a “yes man” that Shapiro wanted, and even though he was always an interim I thought he would have lasted longer. Not surprised that he’s bringing in one his guys, who is probably a “yes man”.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Could very well be the case. Although it looks like LaCava will take the lead in the winter meetings next week in Nashville with Atkins taking a secondary role. But, in the end, let's not kid ourselves: Shapiro will have the final word on everything.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Greinke gone to Arizona, 6 years, $206M.

Surprised that the Diamondbacks were the team that were able to sign him, but not surprised with the amount he's going to make.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Zobrist to the Cubs, per Rosenthal.

Four years, $56 million it seems.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Any development in the possibly soon-to-be-aborted Aroldis Chapman trade to the Dodgers?