• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2015-2016 MLB off-season

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Think the Jays will go for Zack Greinke? I personally would give it a shot. I believe he could get the job done.
With the supposed payroll deduction, I do not believe they will make any attempt at Greinke. I think he's going to be asking for Kershaw type of money, and no way the Jays would ever pay that. I wouldn't be against the Jays making an offer to Kazmir. I think he would be a good bottom of the rotation starting pitcher for the Blue Jays.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I think the "Blue Jays are cutting payroll" is fabricated by the media. It hasn't officially come out yet, and with them making 48 million dollars is merchandise sales after all the trades, shit would really hit the fan. Saying all this, I don't think the Jays are trying to get a Greinke. Too many holes in the rotation to spend on one pitcher.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yankees traded C Jon Ryan Murphy for Twins OF Aaron Hicks yesterday. Not exactly a blockbuster, but it will allow the Yankees to give Beltran plenty of rest in RF. I also read the move opens the possibility of the Yankees trading Brett Gardner, which is seemingly the rumor every year.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Love the Kimbrel trade for Boston only gave up four prospects none higher than AA last year and the top two in the deal are really blocked by Betts and Bogaerts.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Now it's time to get a top of rotation starter for Boston

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
Kimbrel was a great acquisition! The sox have a great core of young position players, For real, time to build a rotation

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know what kind of manager Dave Roberts will be, but I'm ecstatic he's being given the opportunity.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blue Jays signed J.A. Happ to a three-year, $36 million deal.

If they can work it so that he only pitches at home, he should be fine. His Rogers Centre numbers are surprisingly good.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I don't mind the JA Happ as much as other Jays fans on Twitter do, but I really hope they don't go into the season hoping he becomes a #3 type of starter, cause despite his mechanic changes, I only see him as a 4 or 5 type of starter.