• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2015-2016 MLB off-season

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Even though the playoffs haven't begun yet, I still believe that we should create this thread.

Start off with some really obvious news:

Matt Williams, of course, and his coaching staff were fired by the Nationals

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
John Farrell will return to Boston pending his health and Torrey Lovullo will stay as bench coach and will not interview this off season for any open manager jobs.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Hopefully he'll be healthy enough to resume his managerial duties. Hated the way he left Toronto but you don't wanna wish any ill will in this kind of situation.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Last I heard he's doing well. They're ensured Lovullo stays this year as an insurance policy with Farrell's health but I think Torey is a MLB Mgr in 2017.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Thankfully Don Mattingly is out as the Dodgers manager, he had a great regular season record but underperformed in the playoffs. Clearly the team couldn't go any further than it has without a manager change.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mattingly to Marlins. All the retirees from NYC in Miami will love him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
As nutty as this may sound, maybe the Mets should try for a six-man rotation for most of next season if they can to try to avoid the aftereffects of the this year's innings jump with their young pitchers and make sure they're more rested if they make the playoffs again. DeGrom looked worn out, Matz doesn't seem quite ready for a full innings load yet, and heaven forbid if Harvey gets hurt again.

They'll have their four young guys, plus Niese, and they're supposed to get Wheeler back roughly halfway through the season. Maybe see if Colon is willing to come back on a one-year deal to start the first half and then jump in if someone gets hurt?

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
The Royals just played the right pieces at the right time. The coaching staff in KC might be one of the best, if not the best, in the league. I can see KC repeating.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Looks like David Price won't be coming back to Toronto which sucks tremendously. He was the ace that the Jays have been lacking since Roy Halladay left. Now this leaves a huge hole in the Jays starting rotation. I think Stroman is ace material, but he's still no David Price. May get there in a few years, though.

That said, a lot of good starting pitchers on the free agent market this off-season. Wouldn't mind the Jays going after Zimmerman.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Think the Jays will go for Zack Greinke? I personally would give it a shot. I believe he could get the job done.