• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Hockey 2014 NHL Offseason Thread

Konshentz

Konshentz
A little early, but eh, whatever.

Here's some Sharks stuff...

San Jose Sharks keep GM Doug Wilson, coach Todd McLellan - ESPN

Boyle, Havlat won't return to Sharks; Burns back to blue line | CSN Bay Area

And they also released some injury info... why all the secrecy with Vlasic?

Wilson also revealed the team’s postseason injury list, but was adamant that it not be used as an excuse for the postseason flame out.

“I guarantee you that their team, if we had beat them, would have had guys in similar situations,” Wilson said, referring to the Kings.

Here is the complete list, per the general manager:

Jason Demers – fractured foot

Brent Burns – torn thumb ligament

Tomas Hertl – right knee “wasn’t all the way back” from original injury

Patrick Marleau – torn wrist ligament, oblique tear

Joe Pavelski – torn labrum in shoulder (has since had surgery)

Raffi Torres – had knee injected to play in the playoffs, underwent postseason “cleanup procedure”

Marc-Edouard Vlasic – upper body injury, knee injury

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Damn, Dan Boyle is gone? How am I going to trade him to you for fantasy hockey this year? haha

Blues signed Kirk Muller to ba an assistant coach, I love that move.

lescamil

Hopeless musician
V.I.P.
Bylsma was initially reported to being fired, too, but that didn't happen. He'll probably be gone when the next GM steps in and sets his own agenda. I think Disco Dan could be a great coach somewhere else. Rumors are already flying of Shero and/or Bylsma going to Washington. Hoo boy if that happens.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Did they not fire him just because they wanted input from the new GM? Interesting way to go about it haha

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blues are bringing back Brian Elliott on a 3 year, 7.5 million dollar contract.

That signals the end of the Ryan Miller experience and also signals the beginning of the Jake Allen tenure in St Louis.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah that'll be interesting for sure. I am happy we let him walk though. We woulda had to give Buffalo yet another draft pick, he woulda cost too much (what like 5 mill a season?) , he's 34 years old and he wasn't that good. All solid reasons to let him go.