• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2014 NHL Draft Talk

NoahH57

Here, we can talk about the 2014 NHL Draft to be held June 27th-28th in Philadelphia.

All predictions, player discussions, etc... can be discussed here!

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
He's pretty good, We're starting already talking about the 2014 draft? It's going to be interesting

KyleM

Honestly this seems to be the worst draft in a while. Two drafts ago the front end was heavily loaded with Yakupov, Murray, Galchenyuk, Reinhart, Forsberg etc. And last draft was one of the deepest in a long time with gems like Fucale falling into the second round. I hear nothing special about this upcoming draft.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
The Oilers are playing bad for Ekblad!
The Oilers have no heart for Reinhart!

alex20wild

Not a strong draft compared to past few years, especially since last years may be the deepest and strongest since 2003. Obviously there is Reinhart and Ekblad, but Nikolai Ehlerjs has really caught my eye in Halifax. Fast, good shot, adapted quickly to the North American game. He was initially viewed as a second rounder by most but has quickly jumped into the top 20

Jayslightning79

I expect Ehlers will be in the top 15, I expect Barbashev and Ehlers should only be seperated by 2-3 spots maximum. Anyone who drafts after 20th, should look really hard into Josh Ho-Sang, the kid might be a great puck possesion players, he has some great hands. As for some future Dmen projects there are a lot of Big Dmen in the US development that might be available in rounds 2 to 4.