• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB 2014 Hall of Fame Ballots

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
With under 48 hours till the announcement: 145 Full Ballots, which is 25.5% of last year's vote.

Morris is in super-duper trouble. Last year the tracker had 194 ballots and he was on 59.3 percent. He's got to be on 80 percent or last year's remaining ballots and probably needs every new voter to go his way as well.

100% - Maddux
97.2 - Glavine
92.4 - F. Thomas
80.7 - Biggio
———————————
71.0 - Piazza
63.4 - Bagwell
60.0 - Jack Morris
59.3 - Raines
42.1 - Bonds
41.4 - Clemens
39.3 - Schilling
31.0 - Mussina
25.5 - E. Martinez
24.1 - Trammell
24.1 - L. Smith
15.2 - Kent
13.8 - McGriff
10.3 - L. Walker
9.7 - McGwire
7.6 - S. Sosa
5.5 - R. Palmeiro
5.5 - Mattingly
———————————
0.7 - P. Rose (Write-In)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have connections at high places :D. And, yes, this is 100% accurate.

I think Thomas is really going to get in. I mean, he should. But I'm no longer sure about any first-timers after the stupid Roberto Alomar debacle a few years back (let alone all the other issues.)

Also, if anyone deserves 100%, it's Greg Maddux. Top five pitcher of all-time. To dominate hitters in the steroid era with no steroids allegations is just mind-boggling.

I'm happy that Barry Bonds will not be entering again this year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
And the dream of Maddux being unanimous ends, courtesy of Ken Gurnick, who becomes the first out of 155 ballots to vote for Maddux -- or ANYONE EXCEPT FOR MORRIS.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/how ... y=news_mlb

Morris has flaws -- a 3.90 ERA, for example. But he gets my vote for more than a decade of ace performance that included three 20-win seasons, Cy Young Award votes in seven seasons and Most Valuable Player Award votes in five. As for those who played during the period of PED use, I won't vote for any of them.
With 24 hours to go, Piazza is all but done and Biggio's gonna struggle to cross 75 percent. They lost two percent in the mlb.com ballot dump.

Nearly a third of the voters are know, still averaging nine players per ballot, and yet only three are in. And the logjam continues.

I have a question in regards to the voting process and the eligibility. I know that it obviously takes 80% of the votes to get in but is there a certain point that you're no longer ineligible to enter the Hall of Fame, say a certain number of years or less than a certain % of the votes? That's something that I always wondered.

SoberJaysFan

EdgeHead said:
I have a question in regards to the voting process and the eligibility. I know that it obviously takes 80% of the votes to get in but is there a certain point that you're no longer ineligible to enter the Hall of Fame, say a certain number of years or less than a certain % of the votes? That's something that I always wondered.
75% gets you in. Less than 5% and you're off the ballot. 15 years max on the ballot (this is Jack Morris' 15th year).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What will probably be the final update with half-hour until the announcement, 36 percent of last year's total (205 ballots)

99.5 - Maddux
95.6 - Glavine
89.3 - F. Thomas
79.0 - Biggio
———————————
67.8 - Piazza
61.5 - Jack (The Jack) Morris
56.1 - Bagwell
53.7 - Raines
42.4 - Bonds
41.0 - Clemens
36.6 - Schilling
26.3 - Mussina
25.4 - E. Martinez
23.9 - L. Smith
22.4 - Trammell
15.1 - Kent
11.7 - McGriff
10.7 - McGwire
8.3 - L. Walker
7.3 - S. Sosa
5.9 - R. Palmeiro
———————————
4.9 - Mattingly

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Congratulations to Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and former blue jays Frank Thomas on getting elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Sabby

I couldn't be happier with those 3 picks, was hoping for Tim Raines as a sentimental pick, but I can handle these 3

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crouton Video Games 0
K NBA 2
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 8
Hilander General Discussion 9
sunrise General Discussion 7