• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2014-2015 World Juniors

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Since the Exhibition games already started I thought that I should start the thread today. Canada haven't won the gold medal since 2009 - hopefully that changes this year. Very pleased that McDavid is healthy enough to play. He should have a real impact on this team.

Go Canada.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Canada square off against Slovakia in a few hours. Interested to see Canada take the ice in a real game. I've always been a fan of this tournament, even if my heart has been broken a lot during the last few years.

Denmark almost upset Russia today and US won in a shootout against Finland. Sweden are up 2-0 early against the Czech'.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Whoa - slow thread, uh?

CAN 3-0-0-0
face
USA 2-1-0-0

New Years eve. Winner wins the group.

Quick question - have they removed the bye this year?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, I was hoping for some more activity. Hopefully, that will change soon.

There's four Quarterfinal games, so it does seem that they removed the bye.

None the less, USA vs Canada on New Years Eve is always exciting. Fucale will most likely be in nets, and can't wait to see the McDavid/Eichel match-up.

Go Canada.

willge87

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
Yeah, I was hoping for some more activity. Hopefully, that will change soon.

There's four Quarterfinal games, so it does seem that they removed the bye.

None the less, USA vs Canada on New Years Eve is always exciting. Fucale will most likely be in nets, and can't wait to see the McDavid/Eichel match-up.

Go Canada.
Never easy to get into tournament given I'm usually in Florida when it starts. Will try to pick it up once I get home this weekend.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Denmark, for the first time ever, has made it pass the preliminary rounds! Czech might finish last... they have to beat Russia in 60 minutes to make it, and that would put them at second.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
McDavid vs Eichel is 15 minutes away from puck drop. Both players haven't really lived up to the #1 overall pick hype early on this tournament, but you know one of them will try everything to have the edge over the other. Happy New Years eve game everyone. Go Canada Go!

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Notice how Canada's games don't sell out at the Bell Centre, and nobody comments on that. But if that were to happen in Toronto, the media would be running with stories that say "Toronto is a Leafs town, not a hockey town" :?:

Anyhow, I had a grand time at the Sweden/Switzerland game yesterday.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K NBA 2
K NBA 7
CaptainObvious NBA 5
Babe_Ruth NBA 69
Babe_Ruth NFL 37