• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2014-2015 coaching firings/hirings

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I figure this is needed with the Rex Ryan rumors, the Harbaugh rumors and the Raiders opening.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Nothing tickles me more than a Jets failure but Ryan hooked his car up to the wrong train in Idzik, that GM is totally clueless.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
goingtopshelf said:
Nothing tickles me more than a Jets failure but Ryan hooked his car up to the wrong train in Idzik, that GM is totally clueless.
I think Rex wants out of New York. I think he knows he's pretty highly-regarded around the league and he'll be successful if he waits for the right job.

willge87

Registered Member
I think Harbaugh is allowed to resign after the season. The 49ers are a good team and thus I don't think he'd be fired, although I suppose if the team had another disappointment in the playoffs that it could be justified.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
willge87 said:
I think Harbaugh is allowed to resign after the season. The 49ers are a good team and thus I don't think he'd be fired, although I suppose if the team had another disappointment in the playoffs that it could be justified.
Multiple reports out of San Francisco are stating that even if the 49ers win the Super Bowl, Jim Harbough will not be back next season. Don't know if there's a riff between the front office and Jim but this seems to have been brewing for awhile.

There must be something that we don't know about. If Harbaugh says that even a Super Bowl won't keep him in San Francisco, there's clearly something fishy.

My first instinct was thinking that he might go back to Stanford in some coaching capacity or as a consultant for the school's football team. If not, I don't know where he could end up.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
EdgeHead said:
There must be something that we don't know about. If Harbaugh says that even a Super Bowl won't keep him in San Francisco, there's clearly something fishy.

My first instinct was thinking that he might go back to Stanford in some coaching capacity or as a consultant for the school's football team. If not, I don't know where he could end up.
If Harbaugh leaves SF, I think it will be one of those late moves where it looks like he's going to stick around and then Oakland, Miami, Cleveland or someone trades a couple picks for him. If the Niners do that, they deserve whatever they get. If he quits, unless he goes to Michigan or another school, he can't take another job unless the Niners let him out of his contract. I don't think that will happen.

Come to think of it, given Brady Hoke's disastrous stint in Michigan thus far, it would totally make sense for Michigan to fire Hoke in hopes to land Jim Harbaugh next season.

willge87

Registered Member
The Harbaugh situation reminds me a little bit of when Jimmy Johnson left Dallas after the 1993 season when the Cowboys won their 2nd Super Bowl in a row. The primary cause there is believed to be a deterioration in the relationship between Jimmy and Jerry Jones, not unlike Harbaugh's deteriorating relationship with his GM.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K NBA 2
Babe_Ruth Hockey 24
K NBA 7
CaptainObvious NBA 5
Babe_Ruth NBA 69