• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 2013 Movie Review Club

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Can I ask a mod to make this sticky? Cheers

To all the newbies reading this first of all welcome to GF if I have not spoken to you. In the last few years Impact and myself tried to organize a movie review club, it was good but sort of stopped after a while so I want to try to start it again.

Anyone who is interested please PM me or sign up in here and I will start posting on this very soon.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Okay, I'll have another crack at this, even though I've been very lax in the past. Sign me up, man. :D

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Put me down. I have participated in the past, and will participate again with roughly one film (or more) a month until school is over. Come summer, it'll be a LOT more.

I might go into my backlog of movie that I've seen over break. I saw about 10 films (Netflix and otherwise) over my most recent break, and I could easily write reviews for each of them.

Impact

V.I.P.
I'll try join in on this. We manage to get it going for a couple months then it dies.

Is that what your American Beauty review was about? Are you making it so you set a film, and everyone reviews it, or are you doing it so everyone just reviews films that they personally are watching?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Not so much no, it was more just that I had watched it the other day and felt like reviewing it. I am okay with the system you had of voting for a film then all reviewing or everyone choosing a film of their own choice.

If we get more interest I will write some more for this.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Those who sign up have to come up with movie ideas to watch?
I'm not good at recommending movies.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Those who sign up have to come up with movie ideas to watch?
If you do not wish to come up with recommendations then that is not a problem. Impact had a voting system which was a good idea and it worked. If you do not wish to pick any of the films however and just want to review that is all good.

Welcome back by the way :D

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Thanx :D

Sign me up by the way. I'd be happy to review the films you propose.