• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dabs

Registered Member
I qualified my statement that it was slightly off topic, I was addressing Blue's comment that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012, I didn't miss the point at all.

But for the sake of being on topic I'll play. I think people would seriously freak out if aliens suddenly landed on Earth on December 21, 2012. But I think they would as well no matter what day they landed, if at all.

I agree with this. And why would aliens decide to come down on the end of the world day? It can't be a pleasant sight, everyone will be perishing, why would they even come? :lol: There wouldn't be anyone left to take, or unless, they were here to save us :-o

NeoCaesar

Registered Member
I think the point is 2012 is not the end of the world but end of life as we know it as Aliens have revealed the great truth.

Dekzper

Registered Member
If the aliens land here, I hope they dont land in town cause it's really tuff finding a place to park and a spaceship would prolly need a lot of meters. I hope they have tons of dimes and quarters! :-o We have really tuff meter maids here!
But yeah, I think everyone would totally freak! Some peeps might even think they were gods! :lol: I'd just think they were aliens and change my pants later. But I dont think all life would end just cause some aliens made a pit stop. But it would def change how people think about religion. Some preachers would prolly try to get the aliens to leave before their congregations found out cause that would be tuff to explain.
Btw, what great truth? And how would some truth cause life to end? I dont get this thing about 2012 but it's def not the first time somebody wanted the world to end.

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
I've never heard this theory about the aliens landing? I haven't much paid attention to the 2012 theory in itself because I think it's just a bunch of bullsh*t, and then I figure even if it isn't, I'm not wasting the last years of my life worrying about death.

Anyway, could you explain a bit about the alien thing?

NeoCaesar

Registered Member
The theory is that humans were created by an alien race who mixed simian DNA with there own. These aliens live on Planet X which is on an eliptical orbit that comes close to Earth every 36,000 years. (this is one of the more unlikely aspects) There are all sorts of theories about it -some with religious connotations like these aliens are the fallen angels. Lots of things are really odd -like the Mayans had expert knowledge in astronomy which is odd for a largely pagan-type culture.

Don't be thinking I believe this, it's food for thought is all.

Dabs

Registered Member
The theory is that humans were created by an alien race who mixed simian DNA with there own. These aliens live on Planet X which is on an eliptical orbit that comes close to Earth every 36,000 years. (this is one of the more unlikely aspects) There are all sorts of theories about it -some with religious connotations like these aliens are the fallen angels. Lots of things are really odd -like the Mayans had expert knowledge in astronomy which is odd for a largely pagan-type culture.

Holy Crapola. This is the first time I have ever heard this theory. We were created by an alien race? Wow. I have heard talk about the world ending in 2012, December 21st to be exact. But all this alien talk is new to me.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?

:lol: I love that theory. Apparently Planet X is coming towards us as well.:lol: But it is a very interesting theory though because if you look at the hieroglyphics back in the day, it does show 'some' evidence that this could be true. But if there was a planet hurling towards us we would be able to see it by now.

NeoCaesar

Registered Member
I think the planet doesn't come near by our standards just it's closest point which might be a traversable distance for any aliens that may live on it.