Movies 2012 The Movie

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

So 2012 is coming to a theater near you tomorrow, some areas might be showing a midnight show tonight though. Is anyone interested in seeing this movie? Personally I think it looks pretty amazing, the action looks spectacular and I'm interested where their going to with the plot. I might go see it tomorrow night actually. Thoughts?

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

It came out yesterday here. I was planning on going to see it last night but somehow didn't get round to it, so will probably end up seeing it this weekend

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

ok.[12:38AM] i just came home from the cinema and saw 2012 this night.
    i've been crying for the most part...
    actually the movie effects and actions were excellent; amazing; - (not that they weren't seen before though) but the whole idea of the world ending that way was a high psychological pressure to me.
    some scenes would remind me of TITANIC-the part when people started sliding and falling off the ship.
    the actors were great! the scenes when people would say goodbye to their families/friends through the phone were very touchy.

everything seemed real. though my friend was like "c'mon, i've seen these scenes in my brother's PS3" lol. [so it want's a real impact on her lol]...
    it could be but for me they were shocking, however.

while coming back home and walking down the road, i felt like something was going to happen and the ground would crack lol (moreover, it was midnight... i was walking home alone for the most part haha)..

the terrible scenes were the ones when the sea would turn upside down ... and crashed against the whole country..

i wonder how would manage to keep on surviving the ones who actually survived and made it to the huge salvatory ship. they were in the middle of the sea away from any living place ...because everything in that world was gone...

4. ClicheGuevara

ClicheGuevara New Member

2012 was laughable and so unbelievable. .Alot of it looked like a tv series to me. Let me cut and paste a post from another forum I go on that truly sums up the movie.

Yup, that about sums it up. . . :p

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I saw this movie a few nights ago. In a word, it was terrible.

Special effects were cool but the plot was about as bad as they get. I don't even know where to start when it comes to the plot. The whole thing was THAT bad.

Certainly not a movie I will ever watch again. :sick:

6. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

It still remains a mystery to me why this film has garnered so much attention. The script can be found in the pre-made templates under "Disaster Movie".

I will admit to not seeing this film, but my patience was through with it in the trailer.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

You didn't really miss anything at all. All of the cool special effects shots were in the trailer anyway.

You're wrong about this being found in a pre-made template for "Disaster Movie" though. I wouldn't give the writers that much credit. The plot for this movie in a nutshell:

1. The world is going to end in 2012 because of the Mayan calendar that was mentioned more times in the trailer than the actual movie itself.
    2. Magically, some people are able to literally outdrive and outfly earthquakes and falling buildings and make it to giant boats that cost a billion dollars per person onboard.
    3. The world ends in 2012.
    4. The world really didn't end. Just a giant earthquake and flood that caused the earth to shift a bit. The survivors are now ready to start a new world.

Watching this movie made me want the world to end. :lol:

8. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

I keep hearing Day After Tomorrow whispering in my ear as I read that synopsis.

Perhaps it isn't a template of the genre, but the second point is definately a staple, along with the fourth. =D

9. bigyin96

bigyin96 Registered Member

Just borrowed the dvd of my mate from work. So hopefully will get to watch it over the weekend at some point. The trailers i've seen as really go so hope it lives upto the hype its had.

10. JessEpiphany

JessEpiphany Registered Member

I felt the same way. I waited for it to come out on DVD and was hugely disappointed when I finally saw it.