2012 European Champs & Quali's

Discussion in 'Football / Soccer' started by Bjarki, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

[​IMG]

Host nations Poland and Ukraine auto-placed.

Qualifying Groups

Group A: Germany, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan
    Group B: Russia, Slovakia, Republic of Ireland, Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra
    Group C: Italy, Serbia, Northern Ireland, Slovenia, Estonia, Faroe Islands
    Group D: France, Romania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Belarus, Albania, Luxembourg
    Group E: Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Hungary, Moldova, San Marino
    Group F: Croatia, Greece, Israel, Latvia, Georgia, Malta
    Group G: England, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Wales, Montenegro
    Group H: Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus, Iceland
    Group I: Spain, Czech Republic, Scotland, Lithuania, Liechtenstein

Toughest draws IMO for England & Spain :rolleyes:

2. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Cant see any of the big names troubled. Group F is the easiest, I wish we were in it but I can settle for Group G, we have a fighting chance.Group E & H seem the toughest with the scandanavians.

Why do I find it funny Armenia refuse to play in group A (because of Azerbaijian), its all a bit handbags at dawn.:lol:

3. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

I thought our group was pretty easy actually. Sure the swedes will be tough, but the Fins? Mwah.

Norway kinda sucks nowadays as well, they didn't really put up a good fight in the quali's for last WC either.
    They can be a tough nut to crack on brilliant days, but generally they have problems beating even B-countries, like Lithuania or Macedonia.

;)

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Top 2 from each group qualify, right? Looks pretty easy for all the favorites, but you never know. England failed to qualify for the last one. Why does it seem like France and Romania are always together?

5. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

Best #2 auto-qualifies, the other 8 play a playoff-game for qualification.

6. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Pretty easy for you maybe... but Sweden have their work to do with Finland and Hungary on their heels, both respectable countries within their classes. Plus I doubt Moldova and (certain) San Marino are not even going to pull off a fluke "draw" against the other teams, so if Sweden(or unlikely NL) get a draw against Hungary/Finland it could be game over.

I like the look of Group G even more, both Wales and Montenegro have an outside chance, and an outside chance is more than we usually get:lol:

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Word. It was my first thought when I saw the list. "We're playing Romania again?" Oh well, I guess it's better than being in the same group as...Ireland. :lol:

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Serbia got what they were looking for I reckon, an easy group bar Italy. England always does well in this groups crap, definitely rigged imo. I am hoping Serbia does well after horrors of 2008.

9. Danno

Danno Registered Member

We do have a very easy group to be fair.

I can't see any of those sides troubling us.

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm not saying they don't have an easy group this time, but they did fail to qualify for Euro '08.