2012 doomsday?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShadowWolf, Dec 3, 2008.

1. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Registered Member

Do you guys beleive the world will end in 2012 in a fire? And if so you think we all could really save ourselves if we started being good for a change? :sick:
    My teacher keeps blamming global warming:-/.

2. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

No.

The world will not end in 2012. Wannabe Nostradami will have to try again for 2024.

SIDENOTE - Did it ever occur to anyone that if their predictions were right, no one would be around to pat them on the back for it?

"See?! OMFG, The world's ending, I told y...."

-boom-

3. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

The only thing i see happening in 2012 is a terror attack at the olympics.

English-Emo-Boy likes this.
  4. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

No I dont think the world will end in 2012, certainly not in a fire. Gloobal warming will never destroy the world, although it is probable that it might destroy humanity at some point it wont be in 2012.

Neither do I think any terror attacks will take place at the Olympics. If you were a terrorist planning a plot, you would make your target considerably easier than one of the most security conscious events, in one of the most security conscious countries in the world, who also just happens to have some of the most hardy experience of dealing and foiling terrorists plots. There are a lot softer targets to target.

2012 will be very similar to today, we will probably be rebounding from the financial crisis and all will be relativly well in the world.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

6. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Actually, the Mayan predicted the world will end in 2012. They accurately predicted that on dec 21 2012 alligns the earth, the sun with the center of the galaxy. As well, on that day, the earth completes a wobble. In fact, I believe, THAT is what has been causing Global warming. So, I believe the end of the world begins on that day. It holds some degree of truth

7. karam

karam Registered Member

thanks for ur topic shadowWolf

i think its all fantasy, but we must be good every time & everywhere, true??

8. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I doubt it... I don't know when the world will end, but I don't think it will be for a long, long time. Nothing happened with Y2K.

9. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

The only truth is that the Mayans were quite good at astronomy.

They also at no point predicted the end of the world in the way it is being interpreted. They did place that date as the end of one cycle and the start of a new one, thats about all we know on the subject. Predict off that what you will but quite frankly it can mean anything.

As for global warming there are a lot better scientific reasons for the changes taking place.

Sorry to be a sceptic.

10. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Nope only the olympics in 2012.

Your teacher is talking twaddle.

The end of the earth will come probably via the Sun burning up or through a meteorite strike......or the apocolypse!!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008