2011 Rock and Roll Hall of fame ballot

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not a huge fan of Neil Diamond but he definitely belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Few people know his impact on pop-rock (e.g. writing some hits for The Monkeys) and his appearance in The Last Waltz, but most people know him only from his solo work.

When I saw the thread title, I thought you were going to complain about LL Cool J being one of the candidates.

Here are the other candidates:

Alice Cooper
Beastie Boys
Bon Jovi
Chic
Donovan
Dr. John
J. Geils Band
Darlene Love
Laura Nyro
Donna Summer
Joe Tex
Tom Waits
Chuck Willis

Even though I am not a fan of Rush by any means, I still believe they belong in there.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
oh that's a good point, he did write a lot of songs for The Monkees.

Still, I think that lately they've really been stretching the definition of Rock and Roll.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So Rush isn't in it but Bon Jovi and the J. Geils Band have been nominated?!?!? Am I in the Twilight Zone or something?!?!!?

Anyway, Neil Diamond should be in there, he's has some great songs and it a great songwriter. I hope he makes it.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't get the whole Bon Jovi thing either. I don't know why Bon Jovi is considered "classic" rock. What, you have a few hits in the 80s and that automatically qualifies you? Meh.

J. Geils Band definitely belongs in there, though. If you can see past that terrible album from the 80s, the only one that gets much air time at all, they're actually a great band.

YouTube - J. Geils Band ~ Give it to me

then there's the classic Musta Got Lost. HEY RAPUTAH! RAPUTAH THE BEUTAH!
OPEN UP THE DOOR BITCH, IT'S THE WOOBA GOOBA WITH THE GREEN TEETH, LEMME IN!!!
------
I don't dislike Neil Diamond, hell he's mine and my sister's favorite artist for candlestick karaoke, but I think his inclusion is questionable.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree, J. Geils were pretty good (Bon Jovi just flat out sucks) but I don't think they're HOF worthy, especially if Rush isn't HOF worthy, which just blows my mind btw.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
J. Geils Band definitely belongs in there, though. If you can see past that terrible album from the 80s, the only one that gets much air time at all, they're actually a great band.
I agree, way more to these guys than Love Stinks and Centerfold. I heard they were amazing live too. Full House is a great album from the 70's.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
The RRHOF is something of a joke.
------
I agree, way more to these guys than Love Stinks and Centerfold. I heard they were amazing live too. Full House is a great album from the 70's.

Little Steven says that Peter Wolf gives one of the best live shows ever, and if you ever get a chance to see him you definitely should. I'd love to.

Last edited:

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I'm surprised that Kurt Cobain and Nirvana haven't been indcucted. Isn't that fucking crazy?

----

Never mind. It hasn't been 25 years since Bleach came out. I'm so stupid.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm honestly surprised they have not changed the title of this Hall of Fame. Let's be honest here, it's not a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it's a music Hall of Fame. If they changed the title, then I believe some people wouldn't be so upset about some musicians that have been inducted.