• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2011 Pro Bowl Rosters Announced

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
NFL.com news: 2011 Pro Bowl rosters

Most of the players you'd expect to see made the rosters, I'm going to try to list a few that were tweeners and didn't make it.

Aaron Rodgers - This guy has had a pretty damn good season but it's hard to put him in front of Brees or Vick. He is above and beyond Matt Ryan. Schaub had a legitimate shot this season but it's tough to beat out Brady, Manning, and Rivers. Amahad Bradshaw - I think his fumbles kept him out but he has 13 runs of 20+ yards and 100 more yards than Peterson. It's hard to argue against Peterson in the Pro Bowl.

I don't pay much attention to the defensive stats but I'm really glad that Suh made it. He's been a monster all year. Clay Matthews and Haloti Ngata are monsters and easily deserved to be in there.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I don't know. Rodgers had a great season, don't get me wrong, and he's a damn good QB, but I don't have a problem with him not making it and Matt Ryan making it. Ryan is a really good QB and I'd love to have him as my starter.

I don't really have a problem with anyone that did make it and those that didn't. I can't think of a single "I can't believe X made it over Y", they all seem like solid choices.

Doc

V.I.P.
I can't think of a single "I can't believe X made it over Y", they all seem like solid choices.
I agree with you 100%, I was only trying to figure out notable omissions. I just happen to like Rodgers over Ryan more.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
And I can understand that, Rodgers is pretty good. I can't make an argument that Ryan is clearly the better QB. I wouldn't have a problem if Rodgers had made it over Ryan.

I agree with you on Bradshaw except, as you pointed out, his fumbles may have kept him out. But he does have a lot of long runs.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's actually amazing that Peterson put up the stats that he did considering his injuries late in the year, all the drama the team went though, not getting enough carries most games, and the QB situation. Just think of what he could do on a better offense.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I was thinking the same thing while watching the Vikes/Eagles game last night, Echoes. On a team with a better offense and without the drama his numbers would be even more amazing.

Doc

V.I.P.
If Minnesota adds another lineman or a monster QB next season Peterson is going to have a career season.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm content with the selections given for this years' Bowl.

Still won't watch it. Half the players won't go anyway. Not worth it to them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A College Sports 0
sunrise Movies & TV 0
sunrise Music 1
FreddieMays Movies & TV 3
Millz Wrestling 11