• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2011 Predictions

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought it would be fun if we tried to predict some things that will happen in the WWE in 2011. Please try to list a minimum of three predictions when you're replying to this thread so it doesn't become a spam fest. You can make easy predictions, or bold predictions. Whatever you like. That said, don't state that John Cena will win the title in 2011, that's a bit to obvious. It also doesn't need to be only WWE.

-Alberto Del Rio will become World Heavyweight Champion
-Macho Man will finally get inducted in the Hall of Fame
-Kurt Angle will quit TNA
-CM Punk and Daniel Bryan will have the best feud of 2011

Those are just four on top of my head.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
- Mr. Anderson will become TNA World Heavyweight Champ in 2011
- Daniel Bryan will (hopefully) be in a main event feud in 2011
- WCW will be tied-in at WM

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
TNA:

-I second Mr. Anderson becoming Champ
-Maaaybe an AJ Styles face turn, but I'm not sure at this point at all. Maybe with all of Fortune?
-Samoa Joe either gets a prominent feud for the belt or parts ways with TNA
-The X-Division is reborn

WWE:

-Barrett becomes US Champ
-Cody Rhodes becomes IC Champ
-Edge & Christian reunion of some sort, maybe Christian going heel as well.
-At least 2 new members of Nexus

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
TNA:

-I second Mr. Anderson becoming Champ
-Maaaybe an AJ Styles face turn, but I'm not sure at this point at all. Maybe with all of Fortune?
-Samoa Joe either gets a prominent feud for the belt or parts ways with TNA
-The X-Division is reborn

WWE:

-Barrett becomes US Champ
-Cody Rhodes becomes IC Champ
-Edge & Christian reunion of some sort, maybe Christian going heel as well.
-At least 2 new members of Nexus
All in bold are predictions that are very hard to believe.

Also... here is one for the indy fans (ROH, namely):

Either Chris Hero or Claudio Castignoli will sign with WWE. One or the other.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Reborn X-Division: Too hard to believe. They need AJ to return... maybe Kaz facing off against Lethal at Genesis will mean the beginning of a rebirth. It is the most likely to happen out of the group.

Barrett as US Champ?: It just doesn't seem right.

Rhodes as IC Champ?: Doesn't make sense given the use of Rhodes right now on SD. But that can change.

E&C reuninon?: They teased it at the Slammys, needs to work perfectly. If it doesn't happen before SummerSlam, it won't happen.

2 new in Nexus?: Nexus is done by SummerSlam or WM, no use adding more.

--
Regarding The Kings of Wrestling, it only makes sense. Claudio would make a fantastic heel in the E.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Reborn X-Division: Too hard to believe. They need AJ to return... maybe Kaz facing off against Lethal at Genesis will mean the beginning of a rebirth. It is the most likely to happen out of the group.

Barrett as US Champ?: It just doesn't seem right.

Rhodes as IC Champ?: Doesn't make sense given the use of Rhodes right now on SD. But that can change.

E&C reuninon?: They teased it at the Slammys, needs to work perfectly. If it doesn't happen before SummerSlam, it won't happen.

2 new in Nexus?: Nexus is done by SummerSlam or WM, no use adding more.

--
Regarding The Kings of Wrestling, it only makes sense. Claudio would make a fantastic heel in the E.
Maybe if I explain a couple in more detail, it could help.

With Barrett I'd say that he'll definitely be a major singles competitor, but I don't necessarily see him getting the WWE Championship quite yet. A run with the U.S. title makes sense as an introduction to his singles prominence, as with Miz, Ziggler, etc.

WWE obviously is liking Rhodes character more and more (he was featured right before the main event match at the last PPV...even though he wasn't wrestling it's a good spot). I don't see Vince making him World Heavyweight Champion anytime soon, but an IC Title run makes a lot of sense if they're willing to put it on another heel for an extended period of time. I don't think he'll just be in limbo for all of 2011 without titles.

I don't think the E&C reunion would be a long-term deal...I could see a very short run happening, or even just a few one night appearances as Kane and Undertaker did for a while on SD.

I can see where you're coming from with The Nexus. I just see it continuing for a while, and I can picture Punk wanting to recruit new or different people.

I'd pick Chris Hero out of the two, but Claudio is awesome as well. I just see Chris Hero's bigger personality fitting in a little better. Still, with Vince having recently acquired Seth Rollins (Tyler Black) from ROH, I don't see him sticking his hand in the ROH cookie jar again anytime soon. Maybe TNA would want to.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
With Barrett I'd say that he'll definitely be a major singles competitor, but I don't necessarily see him getting the WWE Championship quite yet. A run with the U.S. title makes sense as an introduction to his singles prominence, as with Miz, Ziggler, etc.
That could make sense, but I just don't see it happening, he had a WWE Championship match this year, to go down to the US would be a major downgrade, I think.

WWE obviously is liking Rhodes character more and more (he was featured right before the main event match at the last PPV...even though he wasn't wrestling it's a good spot). I don't see Vince making him World Heavyweight Champion anytime soon, but an IC Title run makes a lot of sense if they're willing to put it on another heel for an extended period of time. I don't think he'll just be in limbo for all of 2011 without titles.
See that statement in bold. Ziggles has been holding the title for a while (July 28th) and they would need to put in on a face for a while before giving it over to a heel again. I actually see Ziggler holding it until WM (at least I hope so).

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
- Triple H will return and get injured again.

- Jericho will return as a face and win the World Title.

- John Cena turns heel.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
-HHH returns and doesn't put much talent over unfortunately.
-Undertaker wrestles less than three matches before Wrestlemania.
-Seth Rollins makes his debut in the WWE
-Sheamus gets injured and missed two months minimum.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A College Sports 0
sunrise Movies & TV 0
sunrise Music 1
KSpiceFantastic Video Games 3
Babe_Ruth NFL 19