• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2011 NFL Draft: Finally the Picks!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I will update this as the night goes on tonight... and then I will post the complete rounds for every round through the last pick of the Draft...

I will do my best to update this almost to live coverage as given on both NFL Network and the ESPN.com DraftTracker.

Keep checking back every once and a while to see who your team picks! My personal grades will be listed alongside the picks (ONLY TOP 12)

2011 NFL Drafts Picks:

Round 1:
1) CAR - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn... KSF's Grade: B (Raw, but extremely talented.)
2) DEN - Von Miller, OLB, Texas A+M... KSF's Grade: A- (They needed a LB, Von is best available)
3) BUF - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama... KSF's Grade: B+ (Greatest DT in the Draft, great power)
4) CIN - AJ Green, WR, Georgia... KSF's Grade: A (Best WR, and CIN needed one)
5) ARI - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU... KSF's Grade: B- (They needed QB, but Pat is a star in the making)
6) ATL - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama... KSF's Grade: B- (Traded up? Good play... worth it)
7) SF - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri... KSF's Grade: C+ (Meh? Smith is good, but not top 10 good. Could have traded down)
8) TEN - Jake Locker, QB, Washington... KSF's Grade: B (Great power, leadership, not good accuracy, but TEN had a need)
9) DAL - Tyron Smith, OT, USC... KSF's Grade: B+ (Filling a need, but he is not best OT available)
10) JAX - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri... KSF's Grade: A (Best pick so far, Blaine is so talented, great value at where obtained)
11) HOU - J.J. Watt, DT, Wisconsin... KSF's Grade: C (Not Top 15 talent! Decent given HOU's needs)
12) MIN - Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State... KSF's Grade: C- (Too early. Too raw. Injury prone. Too much unknown)
13) DET - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
14) STL - Robert Quinn, DT, UNC
15) MIA - Mike Pouncey, C, Florida
16) WAS - Ryan Kerrigan, LB/DE, Purdue... KSF's Grade: D+ (Not worth it. We traded down for THIS guy? Natural 4-3 DE. Amukamara needed to be picked here... I am biased)
17) NE - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
18) SD - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
19) NYG - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
20) TB - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
21) CLE - Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
22) IND - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
23) PHI - Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
24) NO - Cameron Jordan, DE, California
25) SEA - James Carpenter, OG, Alabama
26) KC - Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
27) BAL - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
28) NO - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
29) CHI - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
30) NYJ- Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple
31) PIT - Cam Heyward, DE, OSU
32) GB - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.

That, my friends, is the first round. Stay tuned for the second round... I will be posting updates every 10 picks for the second and third rounds.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
So, seeing as I watch zero college football (aside from a couple of LSU games)... who is Jake Locker? And how good is he?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Jake Locker is a great QB who I believe is the most Pro-ready of the QBs available. He has some accuracy issues, but he is a Big Ben type, albeit a bit shorter. Good pick for TEN, but his value is not worth taking at 8.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
All I know is that as a Bengals fan, I find the A.J. Green pick to be suspiciously good. I'm going to assume that either A.) someone with actual football knowledge is blackmailing Mike Brown, or B.) A.J. Green is secretly the Zodiac killer.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
AJ is a great WR, I agree. He has great lateral height and can catch balls like Johnson can. He will be a great addition to CIN, to be sure!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I won't say I told you so, but I told you so. I knew that Newton would be selected by the Panthers since day one. Now like Millz told me yesterday, now he has to proved that he belongs.

A.J Green is definitely a solid pick VV, and I'm not surprised that the Bengals decided to draft him.

Anyone else surprised that Ryan Mallett didn't go in the first round?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Anyone else surprised that Ryan Mallett didn't go in the first round?
I'm not. He's a character guy for sure and was never first round talent, in my opinion. I expected Dalton to go before Mallett, especially late in the first round. Guess not.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm glad the Bears got Carimi. They need a lot of help on the offensive line.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm glad the Bears got Carimi. They need a lot of help on the offensive line.
Carimi is good, and yes, getting him where they did is a reason to be glad.

The second round is going to be interesting. I think the Bengals might just take a QB early. Most likely Dalton.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am happy with the Rams pick of Robert Quinn. If he plays last year he's a top 5 pick for sure.

Obviously there are some question marks with him but I like it, a lot.