• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2011 Home Run Derby

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here by the teams...

American League:

David Ortiz
Jose Bautista
Adrian Gonzalez
Robinson Cano

National League:

Prince Fielder
Rickie Weeks
Matt Holliday
Matt Kemp

Who ya got? I am really surprised Justin Upton of the home town D'Backs isn't on the NL side.

BigBob

Registered Member
I've got the AL this time. As much as I don't want them to win because of Bautista, but I hope Ortiz gets another Home Run Title once they figure out how they're going to name the winner.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know I should know this but how is this all working this year? I know Ortiz and Fielder are captains and picked their teams.

So is it NL vs AL or still an individual exhibition?

BigBob

Registered Member
It's the NL vs AL but there's going to be an individual Derby winner but I think they said they don't know how they're going to determine it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
How can you not like Bautista? What has he done for you not to like him? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyway, I want Bautista to win the whole thing and I wouldn't be surprised if he does. He has one of the best looking swings in baseball and I cannot wait to see him go up there and start crushing some Baseballs. I also enjoy watching Prince Fielder swing, so I can't wait to watch him.

Should be an eventful event.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just a reminder that the Home Run Derby is tonight. Ortiz was being interviewed by TSN, and the reporter asked him about Bautista and he said he was putting on a show during batting practice. I really hope he wins this thing.

I'm interested to see how Weeks will do, he doesn't seem like a player that would do well in this type of thing, but we'll see tonight.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Justin Upton should be in there over Weeks, I'm sorry, it's in Phoenix but whatever, it is what it is. Just noticed I already said that haha...it's worth repeating.

I'll be rooting for Holliday obviously but it should be fun since the ball jumps outta there.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'll definitely be pulling for Holliday, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bautista pulling it off.

Millz, why isn't Berkman in this thing?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll definitely be pulling for Holliday, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bautista pulling it off.

Millz, why isn't Berkman in this thing?
National League team was selected by Prince Fielder so give him a call and he'll let you know for sure :)

He could have been asked, I'm not 100% sure.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My brother said the same thing, he thought Berkman should of been in this thing. I agree that Justin Upton should be in this thing, and not just because it's in Arizona but the kid is a stud and he can hit the hell out of that ball. I know Weeks has 17 home runs, but he's more of a line drive hitter and I have a feeling that's what we'll see from him tonight.

I can't wait to see that upper cut swing from Fielder.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A College Sports 0
sunrise Movies & TV 0
sunrise Music 1
FreddieMays Movies & TV 3
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 9