• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2010 WWE Match of the Year

What was the match of the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
2009 Winner: The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels, Wrestlemania 25

What was the best match in the WWE this year? Choices are below...

*The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels, Wrestlemania 26

*Daniel Bryan vs Miz vs John Morrison, Hell in a Cell

*Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler, Bragging Rights

*Daniel Bryan vs Miz, Night of Champions

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm going with Bryan vs. Ziggler, I think it was just the best match for a match's sake. They ended up wrestling a few times and all were entertaining...technically sound, and champ vs. champ added intrigue. You might think I'm crazy for not going with HBK's retirement match, but I thought (1) I wasn't sure if it was as good as the 2009 version (2) The ending was predictable for the most part, even though I was hoping for a crazy HBK victory myself.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Slam dunk for me too...HBK vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26.

It stood out so much for me I couldn't even think of any other matches to put on the poll. I had to ask and cheat from another source.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't vote for Taker vs HBK because it wasn't has good as the one they had last year. I know I shouldn't compare them but I do. For me it's between Ziggler vs. Bryan or Morrison vs. Bryan vs. The Miz. But when I think about it I have to give it to the triple threat, it was so exciting, lots of great spots and the three wrestlers were on their A game.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can't vote for Taker vs HBK because it wasn't has good as the one they had last year. I know I shouldn't compare them but I do. For me it's between Ziggler vs. Bryan or Morrison vs. Bryan vs. The Miz. But when I think about it I have to give it to the triple threat, it was so exciting, lots of great spots and the three wrestlers were on their A game.
What does the fact that the one at Wrestlemania 25 was better have to do with Wrestlemania 26 and this year?

That match at Mania 26 was the best match of THIS year...and that's what the poll is for, afterall.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
That match at Mania 26 was the best match of THIS year...and that's what the poll is for, afterall.
I agree. I voted HBK/Taker II for one simple reason.

It told a WONDERFUL story. While Ziggy/Bryan might have been the best technical match of the year, HBK/Taker II told an artful story and is the embodiment of wrestling as a whole.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know some people wouldn't like my reasoning for not choosing the HBK/Taker match, but for some reason I compare the both of them. I know they were both in the same year, but when you have something so great as they showed at Wrestlemania 25, your expectations are fairly high. Don't get me wrong, it was a great match but it was a let down compared to their first encounter at WM.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know some people wouldn't like my reasoning for not choosing the HBK/Taker match, but for some reason I compare the both of them. I know they were both in the same year, but when you have something so great as they showed at Wrestlemania 25, your expectations are fairly high. Don't get me wrong, it was a great match but it was a let down compared to their first encounter at WM.
I don't have a problem with you comparing the two matches! I compared the two matches as well and you were right to have high expectations.

Here's the thing though...only one of them happened in 2010. The one that did happen this year, at Wrestlemania 26, was better than anything produced in any other match this year. Obviously that's my opinion but come on, haha.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I am not trying to change you answer, but expectations should not change your thoughts on a match regarding its quality. Plain and simple. I pretend like each match is a story in itself and each year separate from another. We may have our differences, but still...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Wrestling 7
Millz Wrestling 9
Millz Wrestling 12
Millz Wrestling 10
Millz Wrestling 12