2010 Indianapolis 500 Thread

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
Any IRL fans around?

The biggest race of the year (in all of racing, in my opinion) is today: The Indianapolis 500.

Helio Castroneves has the poll position, and the rest of the standings can be found here:

Indy 500 starting lineup - IndyCar.com

-------
So:

Who will win this Race? (unfortunately, probably a usual Team Target or Team Penske racer...not that I dislke them, but they always win).

Who would you like to win the race?? (I'm hoping Marco Andretti or Danica Patrick. I'm a fan of the Andrettis and I'd like to see Marco have some success, and I love what Danica represents about women in racing - plus my nieces love her, too! Really, anybody from that racing team is fine with me...Tony Kanaan's a great guy as well).
------
Dario Franchitti ended up winning, which is a bummer. Good guy but it's the same two teams constantly winning.

Tony Kanaan, who started 33rd (last) position, ended up at the head of the pack for a good while during the race! Unfortunately, he didn't make it; think of the story, guy comes from the last spot to win his first Indy 500...ahh, oh well.

Franchitti led a TON of laps, and earned his win (even if it was during a yellow).

Here's a link to the official Box Score: http://www.indycar.com/var/assets/2010Indianapolis500BoxScore.pdf

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Dario is my favorite IRL driver, so it is great that he wins. I hate Helio with a passion and can't stand either Danica or Power, so yeah. Go Target!