2010 Indianapolis 500 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unity, May 30, 2010.

1. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Any IRL fans around?

The biggest race of the year (in all of racing, in my opinion) is today: The Indianapolis 500.

Helio Castroneves has the poll position, and the rest of the standings can be found here:

Indy 500 starting lineup - IndyCar.com

-------
    So:

Who will win this Race? (unfortunately, probably a usual Team Target or Team Penske racer...not that I dislke them, but they always win).

Who would you like to win the race?? (I'm hoping Marco Andretti or Danica Patrick. I'm a fan of the Andrettis and I'd like to see Marco have some success, and I love what Danica represents about women in racing - plus my nieces love her, too! Really, anybody from that racing team is fine with me...Tony Kanaan's a great guy as well).
    ------
    Dario Franchitti ended up winning, which is a bummer. Good guy but it's the same two teams constantly winning.

Tony Kanaan, who started 33rd (last) position, ended up at the head of the pack for a good while during the race! Unfortunately, he didn't make it; think of the story, guy comes from the last spot to win his first Indy 500...ahh, oh well.

Franchitti led a TON of laps, and earned his win (even if it was during a yellow).

Here's a link to the official Box Score: http://www.indycar.com/var/assets/2010Indianapolis500BoxScore.pdf

Last edited: May 30, 2010

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I sometimes, kind of follow this, mainly to see how Scott Dixon places. 5th isn't too bad

3. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

Dario is my favorite IRL driver, so it is great that he wins. I hate Helio with a passion and can't stand either Danica or Power, so yeah. Go Target!