• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2010-2011 NHL Regular Season Thread

Konshentz

Konshentz
Nice, a little afternoon hockey. Sharks vs. Blue Jackets.

Mitchell has already made it 1-0.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Montreal Canadiens came back to win against the Penguins last night. They were trailing 2-1 will less then three minutes left and were able to get two goals in less then a minute. Price played extremely well last night, he had 36 stops last night, he made some incredible saves.

Now our home opener is on Wednesday against the Lightning. Hopefully Price plays well since I believe the fans will chew him out if he doesn't, which wouldn't be great for his confidence.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blues won our home opener last night over Philly...2-1 in overtime. Colaiacovo of all people scored it. Boyes tipped in an Erik Johnson shot on the powerplay in the first.

Halak made 29 of 30 saves...nice debut to say the least haha

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Blues are playing right now against Anaheim...I'm listening at work.

It's 5-1 Blues late in the third.

Backes and McDonald scored a ridiculous 6 seconds a part in the first period. Crombeen has a goal and Matt D'Agostini has two goals.

Halak has saved 13 of 14. There have been a ton of fights.

Shots are 52 to 14 Blues right now. WOW.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is crazy. Haha. Ducks are terrible this year.
They had a defenseman get hurt (he came back later...Vishnovski I think?) and another got a game misconduct so that didn't help their chances. There were so many fights though and the Ducks played, IMO, extremely undisciplined the entire game. They aren't going to beat very many teams playing like that. Jonas Hiller didn't have a prayer the way that was going.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You got two goals from D'Agostini, I was extremely surprised when I saw the highlights. I don't remember which goal it was but Pietreangelo gave a nice outlet pass to someone and he scored. I don't what's wrong with the Ducks but they'll need to figure things out. It seems that it's only Koivu who's able to get on the scoresheet as of late.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I like the competition in the Central Division this season. With the exception of the Red Wings they've pretty much all beefed up and increased their goal scoring threats. Not that the Wings really needed to beef it up lol I mean they have coasted for how many years now and just owned that division.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
You got two goals from D'Agostini, I was extremely surprised when I saw the highlights. I don't remember which goal it was but Pietreangelo gave a nice outlet pass to someone and he scored. I don't what's wrong with the Ducks but they'll need to figure things out. It seems that it's only Koivu who's able to get on the scoresheet as of late.
Pietrangelo set up D'Agostini's first goal in the game...it was one helluva pass. The kid is special.

D'Agostini is centering the fourth line so output like that surprises me. I doubt he's going to be a huge scorer but I can't complain so far.

The Ducks looked baaaad. The Blues set a Blues record with a 39 shot differential in the game. We had 53 but the Ducks actually blocked 15 and we missed the net over 10 times. Suffice to say we dominated haha

I like the competition in the Central Division this season. With the exception of the Red Wings they've pretty much all beefed up and increased their goal scoring threats. Not that the Wings really needed to beef it up lol I mean they have coasted for how many years now and just owned that division.
The Central is overlooked IMO. We had the Stanley Cup champion last year, the Red Wings who are always one of the better teams and then the other clubs who are capable as well. The one year we had 4 out of 5 teams make the playoffs and the only one who didn't, Nashville, missed by like a point or two.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
And on top of that Nashville even though they missed it, have been repeat Post Season Attenders... hell its debatable that the San Jose / Nashville series have been some of the most electric rounds we've seen since the Wings / Aves rivalry. Not quite as fiery... but then again its a different game than it used to be.

The Central Division is most definitely the most underrated Division in all of the NHL. I dont know how many people I've talked to online who think its a cupcake division set up just to feed the Wings.