• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2010-2011 NHL Regular Season Thread

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ah that sucks man.

I come with good news because Alex Pietrangelo made the Blues main roster. Hopefully he's playing every game.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is fantastic news, especially if you're a Blues fan. I'm sure he'll do great with the big club. I've had the opportunity to see him play in the World Juniors and the Minor Leagues and he's always impressed the heck out of me. I'm sure Blues fans will fall in love with him in no time.

Do you know who he's paired up with? I think it would be a good idea to pair him up with Erik johnson right away, these two are the future on the Blues defense, which is why I believe it would be smart to pair them up from the get go.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is fantastic news, especially if you're a Blues fan. I'm sure he'll do great with the big club. I've had the opportunity to see him play in the World Juniors and the Minor Leagues and he's always impressed the heck out of me. I'm sure Blues fans will fall in love with him in no time.

Do you know who he's paired up with? I think it would be a good idea to pair him up with Erik johnson right away, these two are the future on the Blues defense, which is why I believe it would be smart to pair them up from the get go.
That's a good question...they didn't address that in the paper when I read it. Let's see who we got...

Eric Brewer
Barrett Jackman
Roman Polak
Carlo Colaiacovo
Erik Johnson
Alex Pietrangelo
Tyson Strachan

Strachan will almost surely be the 7th defenseman looking out. In the past we put BRewer/EJ and Jacks/Polak together. Not sure I'd want Coker and Petro together. We'll see!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Price was feeling much better this morning and he'll get the start against the Maple Leafs. That's fantastic news, I think Price needs to get his first game as the number one goalie of this team out of the way as quickly as possible.

Hopefully he'll give us a great performance. The game is in Toronto which might be great news to Carey since the crowd as been on his back since the Habs traded Halak.

The first game of the 2010 season is in the books, the Carolina Hurricanes were able to beat the Minnesota Wild 4-3.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Unfortunately Montreal loss their first game. It wasn't Price fault, most of the goals he allowed he couldn't do much to stop them. All in all, I thought he played fairly well. He made a sick save in the third period to keep the game a one goal game. Montreal had two great oppurtunities to score during the last few seconds of the game but Giguere made two great saves.

To answer your question Kons, it's a Russian goaltender that played for the Flyers last night. His nickname is BOB, he had a great training camp and played really well in the KHL last season, so Philly are giving him a chance. He won his first game in the NHL last night.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah Leighton is hurt or something...seemed to work out pretty well last night for Philly.

Biz, read this...

The St. Louis Blues will start Alex Pietrangelo on their top power play unit this season.

Pietrangelo will line up on the point with Erik Johnson. Pietrangelo has a lot of offensive upside and is only 20 years of age. Grab him in all keeper leagues as he has the ability to score 15 goals and 50 points when he matures into a full-fledged NHL player.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I completely agree buddy. Like I said, I've seen this guy play many times and it's hard to believe that he's only twenty years old. I'm not saying that he's not going to commit some rookie mistakes this season, because that would be foolish. But he'll have a great season, and he'll get a lot of points. Pairing him up with Johnson seems like the best idea, which I mentioned earlier in this thread. Both of these young studs have a rocket from the point, and they'll use it to their advantage.

Thanks for showing my that Millz, hopefully I'll be able to watch him quite often this season, because he's sure is entertaining, and the kid can play.

Last edited:

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Ahh, hockey is back :).

- I like the make-up of the Leafs this year, but again, I don't think they have enough talent to make the playoffs. They look tough and gritty but as far as scoring goals, it still seems to start and end with Kessel. Unless they get a guy like Bozak or Versteeg to emerge as a major role player on the 1st line, they will miss again.

- I thought Montreal played pretty sloppy last night. Tons of standing around. Subban played great and so did Price, who unfortunately got saddled with the loss.

- I was telling people at the start of the year that Calgary is in trouble, and they got beat up and down by the Edmonton Junior All-Stars last night. I know it's one game, but I truly believe Calgary is the team that takes a huge nose dive this year.

- Jordan Eberle for Play of the Year. I had the pleasure of watching him play for Regina here in Brandon over the last few seasons in the Western League. He's a pleasure to watch and will have a stellar NHL career.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe Calgary will be fine, I know a lot of people like yourself don't believe they'll be any good this season, but I disagree. I just think they have enough talent on that roster to make a push into the playoffs. Obviously last nights game was pretty sad, but I'm sure they'll be able to rebound.

Eberle's goal was fantastic, other then Mario Lemieux I can't think of anyone that as had a nicer first goal in the NHL. That team might not be able to make the playoffs this season, but they'll be entertaining to watch.