• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2010-2011 NHL Regular Season Thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Montreal have a huge game tonight against the Hawks, if we win this game then it's a pretty safe bet that we make the playoffs. I'll be glued to the television, we need to win this game so hopefully Price plays a great game. The Hawks are definitely a good team. Then we finish up the regular season by playing the Senatards on Thursday and the Leafs on Saturday. According to a site that I saw yesterday, there's only 1% chance that Montreal will miss the playoffs(pretty much if we lose all our games and Buffalo and Carolina win all there's).

There should be a few members teams that make the playoffs, kons. So I'm hopefully we will be able to get some discussion going on.

Konshentz

Konshentz
So, Sharks ended up beating up on the Kings last night and clinching their 4th consecutive Pacific title. They also temporarily jumped back into second in the west. Honestly, I'd prefer them to go in as the 3rd seed and face Nashville. Haha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not sure if you would want to face the Predators. They have a good team, and a good goaltending tandem. They don't have any superstars on there roster, but they have a lot of good role players both on offense and defense. It would be a very hard match-up for the Sharks.

Konshentz

Konshentz
To be honest, I haven't seen a ton of hockey this year. Who would be a better first round match-up for them in your opinion... Preds, Hawks or Ducks?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
You want to face the team with the weakest goatending situation...that's my opinion of course.

I don't think I'd want to face Pekka Rinne in a series because that kid is legit.

If Jonas Hiller is right you don't want to face him either. Crawford from Chicago has been very good this year but how would he do in his first postseason? Not sure.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
All those teams would give the Sharks a tough time, but if I was the Sharks I would rather face the Hawks. I know they're the defending Stanley Cup Champions, but they're having problems this year, and losing all those players in the off-season really hurt them. Don't get me wrong, they would be a tough opponent, but I think the Sharks match-up really well against them, and I have
confidence they would be able to beat them if they did.

I think if the Ducks make it to the playoffs then they surprise a few people, and I wouldn't like to face them. Hiller is one of the best goalies in the NHL, and he can win a game by himself. They also have the leading goal scorer in Perry and they have Teemu and Getzlaf who are two dangerous players in there own right.
------
Montreal Canadiens clinched a playoff spot by beating the Chicago Blackhawks in overtime last night. It was a great game, both Price and Crawford made some tremendous saves. Subban was the hero in the end though, when he rifled a shot pass Crawford for the win. I'm extremely happy and relieved, there was only a slight chance they were going to miss them, but anything can happen.

Now there's at least two hockey fans here at GF that has it's team going into the playoffs.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
So, it looks like the Sharks will face the Kings in round one. Now I have another question, is this better or worse for the Sharks than the other 3 teams I mentioned? Haha.

Oh and I was glad to see the Stars miss the playoffs. I cannot stand them.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They still need to sign him, which won't be an easy task since they don't have a lot of cap space and he'll be asking for a lot of money. If they do find a way to afford him, then I agree with you, they'll be very dangerous next year, and finally have a proven goalie for the first time in a real long time.