2010-2011 NFL predictions

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright the season is just around the corner, it's time for some predictions.

AFC EAST:
    1.Patriots
    2.Jets
    3.Dolphins
    4.Bills

AFC NORTH
    1.Bengals
    2.Ravens
    3.Steelers
    4.Browns

AFC SOUTH
    1.Colts
    2.Titans
    3.Texans
    4.Jaguars

AFC WEST
    1.Chargers
    2.Broncos
    3.Raiders
    4.Cheifs

NFC EAST
    1.Cowboys
    2.Giants
    3.Eagles
    4.Redskins

NFC NORTH
    1.Vikings
    2.Packers
    3.Bears
    4.Lions

NFC SOUTH
    1.Saints
    2.Falcons
    3.Panthers
    4.Buccaneers

NFC WEST
    1.Cardinals
    2.49ers
    3.Seahawks
    4.Rams

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I never did check my predictions from before..

AFC EAST:
    1.Jets
    2.Patriots
    3.Dolphins
    4.Bills

AFC NORTH
    1.Ravens
    2.Bengals
    3.Steelers
    4.Browns

AFC SOUTH
    1.Colts
    2.Texans
    3.Titans
    4.Jaguars

AFC WEST
    1.Chargers
    2.Broncos
    3.Raiders
    4.Cheifs

NFC EAST
    1.Cowboys
    2.Giants
    3.Eagles
    4.Redskins

NFC NORTH
    1.Vikings
    2.Packers
    3.Bears
    4.Lions

NFC SOUTH
    1.Saints
    2.Falcons
    3.Panthers
    4.Buccaneers

NFC WEST
    1.49ers
    2.Cardinals
    3.Seahawks
    4.Rams

3. Babe_Ruth

Personally I don't see the Jets winning that division and I find them a "bit" overrated. I just believe that Tom Brady will have an amazing season this year, one of his best which is why I selected him with my first pick.

The Jets have a very strong defense which will make them a dangerous team, I just believe overall the Patriots will be better.

For the AFC South, I believe that the Titans will finish second, I don't think the Texans will make that much improvement from last season. But I see the Titans having a much better season than last, Young and Johnson will carry this team to a second place finish in that division.

The two hardest selections for me was who was going to finish first in the NFC West and AFC North. I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers finished first in the NFC West, they have a real strong team, and we're not sure if Leinart or Anderson will be able to carry this Cardinals team this season.

Ravens had a real good showing this pre-season for the most part, but I chose the Bengals because I believe the addition of Owens makes them more dangerous. If Jones can keep his head screwed on straight than that gives them a player that can be used in a lot of different situations.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I disagree. The loss of Vanden Bosch and Bulluck will hurt them. I see them going 6-10 and being third in the division.

5. Babe_Ruth

Losing those two studs on defense will definitely hurt them, but I don't see them going four games under .500. Like I said before, Young looks like he found his confidence back which only means good things for the Titans. If he can stay healthy and produce like he can than the Titans will finish second in that division.

Texans are being overrated by to many fans this year, they have some great players on that roster, and one of the best defensive players in Mario Williams. But it seems like they can never put it all together, which will happen again this season in my opinion.

6. Doc

I agree that the Patriots are going to have an amazing season... offensively. The Jets are a better balanced team. Honestly that division could go either way and I chose the Jets based on balance and pure talent.

Do I really have to explain why I chose the Ravens over the Bengals?

The Texans would be the best team in several divisions. They'll be challenging for the ild Card this season with the Jets/Patriots and Bengals.

I had no problem picking the AFC West, NFC South, or NFC West. Those teams are clearly better than the rest.

The Cowboys and Giants are a tough choice. I chose the Cowboys because the Giants did not impress me at all in the two games I watched this preseason. I chose the Vikings because I believe in Favre. The Packers will still make the playoffs.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I hope you're right. Haha.

Here are my full predictions:

AFC EAST:
    1. Patriots
    2. Jets
    3. Dolphins
    4. Bills

AFC NORTH

1. Ravens
    2. Steelers
    3. Bengals
    4. Browns

AFC SOUTH
    1. Colts
    2. Texans
    3. Titans
    4. Jaguars

AFC WEST
    1. Chargers
    2. Broncos
    3. Chiefs
    4. Raiders

NFC EAST
    1. Giants
    2. Cowboys
    3. Eagles
    4. Redskins

NFC NORTH
    1. Vikings
    2. Packers
    3. Bears
    4. Lions

NFC SOUTH
    1. Saints
    2. Falcons
    3. Panthers
    4. Buccaneers

NFC WEST
    1. 49ers
    2. Seahawks
    3. Cardinals
    4. Rams

8. Doc

Steelers over Bengals, eh? Bold choice.

9. Babe_Ruth

I'm actually curious why you believe the Ravens will finish above the Bengals?

Defensively wise the Ravens are better, offensively wise the Bengals are better. The Ravens might have a better running game, but Benson and company are no slouch either.

It's going to be a close race between the two teams to finish first in that division, but I believe that the Bengals will finish 12-4 and the Ravens 10-6.

10. Doc

The Ravens have a better offensive line and a pro bowl backfield. Their offense is better than the Bengals'.

Why do you think the Ravens will only go 10-6? The only questionable part of the team is the secondary and, honestly, it's average. The DBs aren't bad but they're not great, either. The Bengals have little depth at any position on their defense.