2009 WWE Wrestler of the Year

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Dec 26, 2009.

?

Who was the best wrestler in 2009?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2010.
  1. Chris Jericho

50.0%
  2. CM Punk

20.0%
  3. John Morrison

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Christian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Randy Orton

20.0%
  6. Triple H

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. John Cena

10.0%
  1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Okay, here's our first award of 2009. I am going to try and post these a little at a time so we're not jamming up the newest post lists. Please keep in mind the records of the wrestlers are up to date at the time the thread is being posted. I am putting that they finished with a record of XYZ but it could change because there are shows next week. I figure its close enough.

This award is to decide who the best wrestler or most successful wrestler of 2009 was. I am going to tell you what their unofficial record was, how many titles they defended successfully, how many times they won on every specific show and their other major accomplishments. Please use those to guide you on your final decision. I realize this is personal opinion but really think about who was the best this year.

Your choices are:

Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Christian, Randy Orton, John Morrison, John Cena over Triple H. You get to pick ONE. Votes will be public.

Chris Jericho: Finished with a record of 35-45-2. He successfully defended a championship on 8 different occasions. He won 9 times on PPV, 11 times on SD, 12 times on RAW, and 3 times on Superstars. This year was able to capture the IC title once and the Unified Tag Titles once.

CM Punk: Finished with a record of 33-33-2. He successfully defended a championship on 5 different occasions. He won 5 times on PPV, 16 times on SD, 9 times on RAW, 1 time on ECW, and 2 times on Superstars. This year he was able to win the World Heavyweight Title two times, the IC title once and was the 2009 Money in the Bank Ladder Match winner.

Christian: Finished with a record of 37-21-1. He successfully defended a championship on 11 different occasions. He won 7 times on PPV, 20 times on ECW, 1 time on SD, 4 times on RAW and 5 times on Superstars. He was able to capture the ECW title on two occasions in 2009 and held it for most of the year.

Randy Orton: Finished with a record of 25-24-7. He successfully defended a championship on 6 different occasions. He won 8 times on PPV, 16 times on RAW and one time on Superstars. He won the 2009 Royal Rumble match and won the WWE Title on three separate occasions this year.

John Morrison: Finished with a record of 39-26-1. He successfully defended a championship on 7 different occasions. He won 2 times on PPV, 26 times on SD, 2 times on RAW, 5 times on ECW, and 4 times on Superstars. He won the IC title one time this year.

John Cena: Finished with a record of 35-20-5. He successfully defended a championship on 2 different occasions. He won 8 times on PPV, 24 times on RAW, 1 time on SD, 1 time on Superstars and 1 time on Tribute to the Troops. He was able to win the WWE title on two separate occasions and also won the World Heavyweight Title one time this year.

Triple H: Finished with a record of 28-14-6. He successfully defended a championship on 3 different occasions. He won 5 times on PPV, 15 times on RAW and 8 times on SD. This year he won the WWE Title one time and won the Unified Tag Titles one time.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not really looking at records for this award, I'm looking at what they did in the ring, on the microphone and a few other characteristics. To me the Wrestler of the year is Chris Jericho then everyone else. Yes CM Punk had a great year and won more then Jericho, but Jericho was the real deal. He wrestled full time on both Raw and Smackdown, not only that but he showed up on ECW, Superstars and house shows. That's simply crazy and really rare these days.

He was the best heel of the year in my opinion, no heel got more hell from the crowd then Jericho, he was also the best on the microphone and it's not even close in my opinion. The only thing that was missing on his resume was the World Title.

3. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Even though I cant stand him I voted for Randy Orton. He definitely slowed down on the latter part of the calendar...especially after losing the WWE Title, but for 3/4 of the wrestling season there wasn't a more dominant wrestler then Randy Orton IMO. Yes, is record is only one game over 500. but like Babe Ruth mentioned records dont really matter in wrestling. When you win the title on three different occasions, the Royal Rumble and defend the most prestigious title in the business six different times in the same year you definitle do something right.

Even though Edge and Chris Jericho are considered the best heels in the business I think you got to add Randy Orton to the discussion. His wrestling abilities and promos are getting better every time he cuts one/wrestles.

It's ashame Edge was out for most of the year.

My runner up is Chris Jericho.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Jericho, here. Doing RAW, SmackDown!, houseshows and everything else really set him apart from the rest of them. That takes a lot of endurance and commitment right there.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I was going to discuss further the good thing the wrestlers had done this year but I was afraid of giving away my anwer in the midst of writing.

My pick is Chris Jericho...for all the reasons said by Babe_Ruth. I mean this guy was incredible this year. He was a wrestling machine in that he appeared on two shows and wrestled more matches then anybody else in the company.

Not to mention the crowd just ate up whatever he spit at them.

CM Punk is my runner up.

6. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I chose Cena, because he's been pretty consistent throughout the year as a pretty good performer, and he's just a personal favorite of mine altogether.

7. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

Chris Jericho was easily the best performer in the company this year...

i cannot even add on to waht has been said already

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

CM Punk because I am biased.

9. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Chris Jericho because he is the best thing going for WWE right now and he is as he says, the best in the world at what he does.

10. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

^

Being boring? lol nah jks. He's probably the most solid wrestler in terms of his work inside the ring, and outside.