2009 US Open tennis

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Hendrixfan, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Hendrixfan

Hendrixfan New Member

August 31 - September 13

Federer, Djokovic, and Roddick in the top half.
    Murray, Nadal, Del Potro, and Tsonga in the bottom half.

Who will win?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The U.S Open has always been my favorite tournament, I've watched many great matches at the U.S Open.

Personally I believe that Andy Roddick will win it this year, he's playing really well as of late, it's in the United States the crowd will be behind him.

Should be great Tennis none the less though.

3. Hendrixfan

Hendrixfan New Member

Clutch Isner downs Roddick in 5 sets. Epic serve fest.

4. Babe_Ruth

The tournament as been great so far, I've been watching a lot of matches from the women's side and Oudin has been playing really well and has surprised a lot of people, she took out some great players, she even took out Sharapova. Should be interesting how she does next round.

5. DCM87

DCM87 Registered Member

I don't know who watched last night, but while I rarely catch the action due to working or other things getting in the way, I was glad I watched last nights Women's match with Oudin/Wozniacki and Soderling/Federer.

Although I was practically sleeping near the end of the Federer match due to exhaustion, I thought it was an amazing effort on Soderling's part to not just get blown out of the waters. Federer bringing a 6-0 sweep to start and sometimes jumping to a 40-love (I think that's what they call it?) sometimes, only to rebound and win the game (yes?) and eventually the set. Federer obviously able to fight off the opposition to win the match.

As for Oudin, losing two straight 6-2 matches must be hard after all she's done so far, however, I think the match was much closer than it looks on paper. Especially during the midway point of the second set when it seemed like it was going on for days. A small slip-up led to Wozniacki taking the set and gave her great momentum, but had Oudin taken it, I think she would have fed off that momentum.

Who knows of course. Overall I thought they both played great and I think Wozniacki told the reporter to go interview Oudin? Which I guess doesn't happen much if at all? So much respect to her if she did, regardless, well done to both players either way.

6. Babe_Ruth

I watched a bit of the match ups and I agree with you, both were very entertaining. I was really rooting for Oudin because she was the underdog, but she gave a valiant effort, and she should be proud of her performance in the tournament. Federer didn't look his best but he did enough to get the job done, but with that being said I have to give Soderling credit where it's do because he played his heart out. Now Federer will face Djokovic which should be an interesting match up to say the least.

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I'm going to make this short and sweet.

Fuck the way Williams got eliminated from the tournament.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Del Potro leads Federer 5-2 in the 5th set. We'll see if he can finish it.

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Del Potro won the men's single finals, ending Federer's 6 year streak at Flushing Meadows. Federer cracked it a few times as well.

10. Babe_Ruth

I was watching three things at once during this US Open but I was able to watch Del Potro win against Federer. I don't want to take anything away from Del Potro but Roger committed so many unforce errors, he really hurt himself and by that he lost the match.

None the less Del Potro had a great tournament, finishing off Nadal then Federer to win the tournament.