2009-2010 NHL season discussion

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well it's that time of the year again, the season is just a few weeks away, so lets start talking about the NHL and the upcoming season. This thread will be use to talk about the games and such of the 2009-2010 season. I'm really excited for the year to start. I want to watch the new look Habs play.

Goooo Sharks!

I am not hoping for a President's trophy this year, a 4-5 seed in the playoffs will do just fine. I think they need to slip in under the radar (if that is possible) and at least make it back to the second round.

I am excited to see what Heatley will bring to the table, I'm hoping they'll be as dangerous as people think.

I'd also like see Nabokov play well and get the Vezina he deserves.

BigBob

Registered Member
Red Wings all the way baby..

I feel like this year will be somewhat of a down year after all the controversy and shit during the off season with players trying to leave to go play in that Russian league or whatever.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kons with Heatley you'll get lots of scoring but nothing more, he cannot set up a play to save his life, he turns the puck over to many times, especially in important situations and hes a liability on defense. But he'll definitely put the puck in the net for you guys.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
So I went to the Dallas Stars/St Louis Blues pre-season game tonight...there were a ton of people there which shocked me.

I'm ready for hockey...three fights tonight. I love Cam Janssen.

Kons with Heatley you'll get lots of scoring but nothing more, he cannot set up a play to save his life, he turns the puck over to many times, especially in important situations and hes a liability on defense. But he'll definitely put the puck in the net for you guys.
Goals are good. Put him on a line with Thornton and there will be no need for him to set up plays. I'm anxious to see if this trade will help or hurt the Sharks.

Basically, I am just ready to watch some hockey.

Oh and I'd like to see the Pens and Ducks miss the playoffs, but that is doubtful. Ha.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've watched a few of the Leafs games and their going to be tough to play against. Burke likes physical players and that's what he has with the Leafs. They might not be able to score a lot of goals this season but it won't be a cake in the park when your team plays them.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Blues open up in Sweden on Friday against Detroit and then face them again on Saturday. I cannot wait...hoping to make the playoffs once again.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Canadiens face the Maple Leafs tonight, it should be a great game. Me and my brother both huge Habs fans will be watching the game with huge Leafs fans so it should be pretty intense. Like I said in my team preview the key to the Habs will be Price, so hopefully he can step it up tonight and all season.