2008 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'NBA' started by patkick, Jun 22, 2008.

1. patkick

patkick #21

It's almost time for the draft which takes place on June 26th 7:00 pm ET.

So which players do you want your team(s) to draft and why?

Rockets:
    Brandon Rush seems like a good fit for the rockets. He can play both wing positions and brings good defense to the table. Plus he can shoulder some scoring load from Yao and T-mac.

But I doubt that he'll fall to pick 25. Otherwise Chris Douglas-Roberts seems like a good fit as well. He's better at creating his own shot but his body still seems on the thin side. Either way I like the size of both players because both Head and Jackson are way too undersized for the SG position.

As for the second round pick. I hope they'll pick Sasha Kaun because I think he'll mesh in right with all the scorers the Rockets have. Kaun doesn't need a lot of touches to be effective as what I've seen in the NCAA tournament. And Mutombo is still going strong despite being like 42 years old.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm very interested in this draft since the Bulls have the #1 pick. I'm hoping they pick Beasley. He was the top rebounder and one of the top scorers in the NCAA as a freshman, and the Bulls desperately need help in those areas, especially interior scoring. I won't complain if they pick Rose though. He's a stud and point guards have a huge impact on the game. He needs to improve his shooting.

3. patkick

patkick #21

Beasley's measurements are not the best for a power forward. And that's gonna be his position because he's not really a small forward but rather a perimeter oriented power forward. (6'8" with shoes on and a 8'11" standing reach)

And I just read that Sasha Kaun signed a 3 year deal with CSKA Moscow. But he has a buyout in his 2nd year. I still hope that the Rockets are gonna draft him. With all the scoring load shouldered by the wing players, all Kaun has to do is rebound, defend and score garbage buckets.

4. Major

Measurements are overrated. Look at Charles Barkley. I'll take a skilled player over one with all the desired measurements any day.

5. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

if the bulls get beasley, i heard the heat will take O.J. Mayo. im not sure about that though

6. Major

Why would they not trade down? I'm sure there are teams that would give up a lot to get Rose, and the Heat need a lot of help. I don't think OJ Mayo would help them much right away.

7. bball4life

thats what i was thinking, but i heard something about it on sports center this morning. idk

8. Major

Exactly. Don't believe anything they tell you on SportsCenter. Instead of reporting actual news stories they make up their own and they over-dramatize everything.

9. bball4life

yeah, i still love SC though. it wakes me up every morning

10. patkick

patkick #21

LMAO Sportscenter made that up? Derrick Rose is almost an unanonymous choice for the top 2 picks in the 2008 NBA draft. It's clearly a race between Rose and Beasley.

Besides Rose would fit just right in with Wade. Can you imagine a backcourt with Rose and Wade? That'd be the most explosive and athletic backcourt for years to come.

@Echoes
    Barkley and Brand are probably the only undersized power forwards who have had success in the NBA. I'm probably exceggarating too much on the measurements. He'll be fine but I don't expect him to put up the same numbers he did in college.
    ------
    I'm not really pleased with this deal but it's not as bad as the Battier/Gay deal. I haven't seen a lot from Greene but he looked like a bit selfish. He has NBA range though and Dorsey will be a Chuck Hayes type of scrappy post player.

Rockets do still need a post player with some offense because they really lack that when Yao sits on the bench.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008