2008 Election News

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
I'll try to make many different threads so we don't get get swamped. Post and discuss news about the 2008 election here.

Good kickoff story from today's New York Times:

Fresh from the Republican convention, Senator John McCain’s campaign sees evidence that his choice of Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate is energizing conservatives in the battleground of Ohio while improving its chances in Pennsylvania and some Western states that Senator Barack Obama has been counting on.

Mr. Obama’s campaign intends to focus heavily on the economy, especially in light of the mounting job losses, and to keep up the effort to tie the McCain-Palin ticket to the policies of President Bush. It is banking on holding all the states Senator John Kerry won in 2004 and picking up the additional electoral votes it needs by flipping some combination of Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio or Virginia into the Democratic column.

With just over eight weeks left until Election Day, the two sides are settling into a set of state-by-state face-offs, with an increased focus on turning out supporters and tough decisions looming about where to invest time and advertising money.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/07/u...0810888-uvCSMLZS8fdTm7zVgjBhuw&pagewanted=all

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
About time that they stop bickering and let the people know what their plans are SPECIFICALLY.
People don't want to listen to statistics and jargon. Both of their websites have dozens of pages of policy details.

It's a electronic age. Making other people forcibly inform you is passé.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
OPEC is not past trying to influence the US election. They did it is 2004. Now this:
Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Oil prices are falling fast and OPEC says it will not alter production.

Is this a signal they want Obama or McCain? A fair case could be made for either one. Not that I care what they want, but it may give some clues as to how OPEC is going to deal with the new administration.

The reasons that OPEC wants McCain or Obama also need to be considered. If they want Obama because they know McCain will increase domestic supply, that's good to know. Likewise if they feel the alt energy Obama is pushing can be a reality and they want McCain, that's good to know.

Bjarki

Registered Member
I suppose this one is the official election chat?

Anyhow, that hologram on CNN. OMG! That's the coolest thing i've seen in years. I have to admit though, I was afraid the Emperor would beam in with new marching orders for the Imperial forces. xD

Indiana really close btw, I think McCain is gonna pull through.