2008-2009 Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Turbo, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

OK gang, the season is here.

This thread is for season discussion only. Talk about games, rosters, and anything related to the 2008-2009 NHL season.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm really happy the season has started, I watched the two games today, they were very entertaining. I'm really happy that the Sens lost, I just wished it was in regulation instead of overtime.

The Rangers looked strong today, Naslund scored his first goal as a Ranger. Lundqvist looked very good.

Can't wait till Montreal plays there first game against Buffalo.

3. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

The Rangers looked solid. The Lightning need work on their defense. Ottawa might really need Khabibulin in net and the Pens power play will fail hard if they keep Malkin and Crosby at the points.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

What's all the hub-bub about Luke Schenn? That's all the announcers on CBC could talk about last night.

Where did Darcy Tucker go? I can't find a damn thing on the new NHL.com it sucks.

5. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

The Blues play tonight against the Predators. I'm excited to see some of the new kids play and hopefully we'll get the W.

6. Babe_Ruth

Luke Scheen is a huge prospect, if he develops like they expect him to, then he's going to be a Scott Stevens type of player, that's why they kept talking about him.

Darcy Tucker is gone to your favorite team, the Avalanche.

Montreal start their quest for there 25th Stanley Cup tonight against the Sabres, I really hope we play well and we get the victory. I believe the Habs are better then the Sabres, so we should win tonight.

Go Habs Go.

7. padd

padd Registered Member

we're missing Higgins, Laraque and Boullion ALREADY
    ------
    Montreal played good, but not good enough. Lang almost scored in OT, buffalo was very lucky. Hopefully we can rebound against the leafs tonight, or else I can throw the whole season down the toilet.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  8. Babe_Ruth

We outplayed Buffalo, we should of won that game, I was really pissed off that we lost. Especially that Price let to goals in the shootout, that he should of stopped.

If the Leafs win tonight, I'll be extremely pissed off, but I won't throw the whole season down the toilet, it's two games in.

9. padd

padd Registered Member

well, I belive Buffalo is a good team this year, they have a good defense.. PK, although our PK looked solid too. But if we lose against the LEAFS. That will be embarassed, idk how the Leafs beat the wings. Maybe 1st game jitters? Well, we played our 1st game so we might as well go into toronto and spoil their home opner.. in regulation please. 4-2 victory.

10. Babe_Ruth

I told you we were going to rebound Padd, what a game by the Canadiens yesterday. They won 6-1 against the Leafs. Sergie Kostysyn and Alex Tanguay had great games. Kovalev scored a beauty of a goal. Halak played a good game as well.

Go Habs Go.