2008-09 Pre-Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Turbo, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

OK gang, pre-season is coming so its time to get ready for another great year of hockey.

This thread is for pre-season discussion only. Talk about pre-season games, pre-season rosters, which players should or shouldn't make the roster and anything else related to pre-season hockey.

2. padd

padd Registered Member

I hate pre season, honest opinion; The games mean nothing if you win them all or lose them all. I haven't paid attention to pre season since 2002 When Montreal led the league in pre season points but missed the playoffs.

3. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

I agree that pre-season is kind of pointless, but its a nice way gauge what the team could look like for the year. Its also a chance to see young kids that are a few years away from the league play.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Obviously Pre-season is filled with excitement like the regular season, but like Turbo mentioned it still gives you a chance to watch the highly touted prospects that your team as. I'll defenitely watch a few pre-season games of the Canadiens.

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

My only gripe about pre-season is that not all the games get tv/radio coverage. Thank the powers that be for NHL Live and the NHL Network.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

My favorite part about the Pre-season are the different locations. About 3-4 years ago I got to see the San Jose Sharks play the Los Angeles Kings here in Fresno, Ca at the Save Mart Center. That was a real blast and I fully enjoyed it even though the game itself didnt mean anything.

Another cool part are all the AHL and other Lower League players that get their shot at the big club. They always seem to be really showing some heart and extra grit in the Pre-season, tons of fights and lots of good hits....To me thats something to look forward to!

7. Babe_Ruth

The Canadiens are looking stronger and stronger, they beat the Sens 5-0 last night. Hopefully this will be just a small taste of what there going to do to them all season long.

Go Habs Go.

8. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

It's hard to say how the Rangers look since our pre-season schedule was crazy since we gotta play the season opener in europe. i'm awaiting they next two games of pre-season before i make my decision.

9. Babe_Ruth

You cant really judge a team by the preseason in my opinion. The best players and best goalie don't play a lot. It's just to get your players on the same page, and to see how the prospects look, and maybe a few players that were on the farm last season can crack the team this season.

10. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

very true, seeing as the Rangers season official starts this weekend in Europe i'll get a idea soon of where we stand.