2006 NHL Draft

F

Forbidden

Who do you guys think will go first in the NHL draft? I think Eric Johnson is the best player in the draft right now, and the Blues are in need of defensemen.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think he is going to go number 1 as well which probably means that Phil Kessel will go second overall to the Penguins which means he'll team up with Sidney which means this team will have a very good team for years.

F

Forbidden

I hope so being a Pens fan. If you think about it, we have Crosby, Malkin, our 2nd pick, Ryan Whitney who looked good as a rookie last year, and a lot of other young players with potential such as Armstrong. I hope we can pick up some good FA's this year and possibly be a playoff contender for next season. Then again anything's better than being in the worst 3 teams....

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, but the thing they need as well is a defender cause you can't have Fleury make 40 saves a game, every game, yes he can stop them but he allows 5 goals a game sometime, which is not always is fault

F

Forbidden

True, although Ryan Whitney is looking decent and if Gonchar plays like he did at the end of the season it shouldn't be too bad.. we still need a good defensemen though we just have a bunch of average ones.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes but Gonchar he's offensively minded, and that's not good for a defenceman, and that's not good for a team like the Penguins, because they need people to stop the other teamates top players, and they didnt have anyone.

N

Nil Desperandum

I think Jordan Staal goes first, then Kessel, than Johnson, then Niklas Backstrom.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Jordan Stall as a good chance of going first. he's suppose to be better then both Stall, that's crazy because of the great year that Eric Stall had. I just don't understand why Kessel is not going to be picked first he's a great player, and will be great for years to come.

G

goleafsgo987

Vince just made a good point. wait and see guys, Jordan Staal is the dark horse of this draft, Id bet he will go first or second. Johnson will be battling top spot also. I think Toews will go higher than Kessel, Kessel is really dropping off and I think Toews is a better overall player. Someone to watch for is Micheal Frolik. He was origonally supposed to go top 5 but now he is ranked in the early teen's. This guy didn't do much this years because he was getting 4th line minutes in a means league unlike many of the other players. He could turn out to be one of the better players from this years draft in 3-4 years time. He has HUGE upside.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes I've read about him and he really had a huge upside. Now I was really impress by Toews in the Wold Juniors tournament, he proved that he can score, but I still think that Kessel should and will be picked before Toews, he might be dropping down, but people will still take a chance on him.