2006 NHL Draft

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Forbidden, May 16, 2006.

1. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Who do you guys think will go first in the NHL draft? I think Eric Johnson is the best player in the draft right now, and the Blues are in need of defensemen.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think he is going to go number 1 as well which probably means that Phil Kessel will go second overall to the Penguins which means he'll team up with Sidney which means this team will have a very good team for years.

3. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

I hope so being a Pens fan. If you think about it, we have Crosby, Malkin, our 2nd pick, Ryan Whitney who looked good as a rookie last year, and a lot of other young players with potential such as Armstrong. I hope we can pick up some good FA's this year and possibly be a playoff contender for next season. Then again anything's better than being in the worst 3 teams....

4. Babe_Ruth

Yeah, but the thing they need as well is a defender cause you can't have Fleury make 40 saves a game, every game, yes he can stop them but he allows 5 goals a game sometime, which is not always is fault

5. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

True, although Ryan Whitney is looking decent and if Gonchar plays like he did at the end of the season it shouldn't be too bad.. we still need a good defensemen though we just have a bunch of average ones.

6. Babe_Ruth

Yes but Gonchar he's offensively minded, and that's not good for a defenceman, and that's not good for a team like the Penguins, because they need people to stop the other teamates top players, and they didnt have anyone.

7. I think Jordan Staal goes first, then Kessel, than Johnson, then Niklas Backstrom.

8. Babe_Ruth

Jordan Stall as a good chance of going first. he's suppose to be better then both Stall, that's crazy because of the great year that Eric Stall had. I just don't understand why Kessel is not going to be picked first he's a great player, and will be great for years to come.

9. goleafsgo987

goleafsgo987 Guest

Vince just made a good point. wait and see guys, Jordan Staal is the dark horse of this draft, Id bet he will go first or second. Johnson will be battling top spot also. I think Toews will go higher than Kessel, Kessel is really dropping off and I think Toews is a better overall player. Someone to watch for is Micheal Frolik. He was origonally supposed to go top 5 but now he is ranked in the early teen's. This guy didn't do much this years because he was getting 4th line minutes in a means league unlike many of the other players. He could turn out to be one of the better players from this years draft in 3-4 years time. He has HUGE upside.

10. Babe_Ruth

Yes I've read about him and he really had a huge upside. Now I was really impress by Toews in the Wold Juniors tournament, he proved that he can score, but I still think that Kessel should and will be picked before Toews, he might be dropping down, but people will still take a chance on him.