2006-2007 NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA' started by scottmcgrady, Nov 20, 2006.

1. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

Here we go, 8-10 games in the season and i've already made a thread.
    At the moment it looks like:
    East
    1-Orlando
    1-Cleveland
    3-New Jersey
    4-Indiana
    4-Detroit
    4-Atlanta
    7-Philadelphia
    7-Miami

West
    1-Utah
    2-San Antonio
    3-L.A. Clippers
    4-L.A. Lakers
    4-Golden State
    4-New Orleans
    7-Houston
    8-Dallas

Some new teams (compared to the 2005-2006 playoffs) including
    Orlando, Atlanta and Philadelphia on the east.
    On the west we have Utah, Golden State, New Orleans and Houston.
    Ofcouse, i'm sure, Houston and Dallas will advance further up at some stage and on the East i'm sure Miami will go further, this is not taking in account San Antonio moving up one or Cleveland moving up 1.
    Also, who do you think will move down, out or be replaced?
    Start your bets, ideas and beliefs on this years Playoffs/Finals.
    Also, if you can, tell us and back up your thoughts on who you think will be the Champs, taking in account the reality, not the love of your player/team.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't think the Magic will stay that high in the Eastern Conference, but I do think they'll make the playoffs because they have a very talented team. I also believe that the Hawks and the 76ers will just miss the playoffs. For the West it's very hard to say because there's so many good teams in there, but I see one or two of those teams not making it because the Suns aren't in the picture right now. Maybe not in the same positions there currently on, but they'll make the playoffs.

3. DaKidAce

DaKidAce Guest

Cleavland and Orlando will not end at number 1. Cleavland will be 2 Orlando will be 4 or 5. Atlanta will fall out of the playoffs.

Utah will get the number 3 spot. Dallas will move up, The Warriors and Hornets will become around 7 and 8.

4. Illosophee

Illosophee Guest

Here's my predictions by the end of the season:

Eastern Division:
    1.Cleveland Cavaliers
    2. Detroit Pistons
    3. New Jersey Nets
    4. Miami Heat
    5. Chicago Bulls
    6. Washington Wizards
    7. Orlando Magic
    8. Boston Celtics
    Just misses: Philadelphia 76ers and Indiana Pacers. Also, Milwaukee might rely too much on Michael Redd at some point in the season and get screwed over...

Western Division:
    1. San Antonio Spurs
    2. Dallas Mavericks
    3. Phoenix Suns
    4. Houston Rockets
    5. Utah Jazz
    6. LA Clippers
    7. LA Lakers
    8. Denver Nuggets
    Just misses: New Orleans and Sacramento Kings. Golden State will probably get screwed as the season gets tougher due to J-Rich & B-Davis sucking at shooting FTs.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That's a pretty accurate list man, but the Boston Celtics won't make the playoffs i'd definitly put the Milawaukee Bucks or Indiana Pacers instead there of them. For the West New Orleans will make the playoffs, they have too much talent and the Denver Nuggets will turn it around and finish higher then the eight seed.

6. Illosophee

Illosophee Guest

Yeah, maybe my 7th and 8th seeds for both Conferences is slightly off-target, but you never know. I'll have to check back by the time the Post Season begins in the end of April 2007.

7. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

By the end of the year the standings are gonna be so diiferent I think Utah willl make the playoffs but not as the #1 seed, and I dont think Dallas will stay as low as the 8th seed. I doubt Miami will play as bad as they have had just because of the tongue lashing Coach Riley gave them and I think Orlando will drop slightly in rankings.

8. Illosophee

Illosophee Guest

^^^True. The Western Conference is tough. The team that I can actually see getting past San Antonio or Dallas for the #1 seed is the Phoenix Suns organization. Their roster is undoubtedly good. Indubidubly.