• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2005-2006 Hart Memorial Trophy

Turbo

Registered Member
Courtesy of NHL.com:

Hart Memorial Trophy

The Hart Memorial Trophy is an annual award given to the player judged to be the most valuable to his team. The winner is selected in a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association in all NHL cities at the end of the regular season.

The Hart Memorial Trophy was presented by the National Hockey League in 1960 after the original Hart Trophy was retired to the Hockey Hall of Fame. The original Hart Trophy was donated to the NHL in 1923 by Dr. David A. Hart, father of Cecil Hart, former manager-coach of the Montreal Canadiens

The big discussion this year is whether Jaromir Jagr or Joe Thornton will win it. Jagr now holds many of the scoring titles for the NY Rangers with an absolutely stellar season and Thornton ranks 1st in assist and points. So who is more deserving?

I say Jagr because he lead the Rangers to the best season they've had since winning the cup in 94. Plus even though he wasn't wearing the C, he was the team leader.

Share your thoughts.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would have to agree with you, it has been many poor season in Ranger country, but Jagr carried that team on is shoulders and finally brought them to the dance. Even though Thorton had a stellar season, I still think Jagr deserves it more than Thorton.

F

Forbidden

I also think that Jagr deserves this. Thornton had a lot of assists, but Jagr had a lot of goals and assists plus he carried his team to the playoffs.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well so did Thorton, because when he came to the Sharks they weren't in playoff contention. But when he joined the team they made a playoff run, and now their in the second round. But I still think that Jagr had a bigger impact.

F

Forbidden

Well, Thornton had a line with Cheechoo, the leading goal scorer, and Marleau, the NYR first line was good but Jagr helped his team much more than Thornton I think.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah but I am not saying Cheechoo is not a good player, but he made is career year. like he did for Glenn Murray in Boston, but yes he did play on a better line then Jagr.