• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

$20 million sought for injuries incurred typing up phony profiles

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A dating website catering to married people seeking adulterous affairs is being sued by a former employee for $20 million for injuries she says she incurred while typing up phony profiles of sexy women desiring affairs.

Woman seeks $20 million for injuries incurred typing up phony profiles for adultery website | The Raw Story
If she worked every minute of her life she wouldn't make this much money. I don't see how she can ask for this much money even if she did sustain injuries typing up these phony profiles. I also don't see how she could sustain such injuries over a 3 week period. Needless to say I don't believe her and I hope a jury doesn't either.

However I think it should be illegal to use phony profiles on these cheating or dating sites just to get peoples money if they do this. If anyone goes to these places I would be wary of anyone I was talking to.

Thoughts?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
What people initially seek in lawsuits like this usually don't mean much. Most oftentimes they initially seek a ridiculous amount, sometimes just to see what kind of reaction they can get from any insurance carrier. This amount isn't usually what they ask for from a jury once trial comes around. They usually file amended petitions asking for less. If they don't and this stays as a live pleading it can be used against them at trial to show money as a strong motive.