• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2 Week Sneak Peek

You have the opportunity to get a Game Before its Release What do you do?

• Total voters

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So I have the opportunity to get a game 1-2 weeks early prior to its established release. The trick is, if I play it online... the source that I'm getting it from will supposedly get fined up to $10,000 for letting the game out early.

I trust myself to not attempt to play this online... however its been brought to my attention by a third party that other facets of the online may also be a factor even if I'm not purposely playing online. The factors like me being online and recognizing me playing it and showing other people... or like winning trophies while playing the single player.

If you were in my shoes, what would you do?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
If I were you...I would wait to get it. If not...then I would unhook my PS3 from the internet until after the release date.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I voted wait 'cause thats what everyone around me here in the office is saying :hah:

But I want this game so baaaaaaaad!

Had I not been told about the 10k fine I wouldnt have even second guessed it obviously. But man oh man that would be some suck to get pinned with a fine like that and not have even purposely played online.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Well people are going to be able to check your trophies anyway xD

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Well...if you have it offline, does is still give the date/time of when the trophies were earned? Cuz I think on the 360, it doesn't show the date when you earned it, it shows the date that it was updated online.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
It says the date and time that you got it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mirage Money & Investing 3
M NFL 5
Babe_Ruth NFL 15
Babe_Ruth NFL 12
Babe_Ruth NFL 3