• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

2-point conversions

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
With the NFL moving its PATs back to the 15 yard line this season, it got me wondering if it wouldn't be advantageous to just go for two points after every touchdown.

There is about a 93% success rate on field goals of 32 yards, while the success rate for two-point conversions is roughly 50%.

At those rates, a team would score about 8% more points over the long run off of two-point conversions than they would for PATs. That's an extra handful of points at the end of the season, which could mean the difference between winning and losing a close game at some point.

Good strategy or no?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that its something to consider for sure but only certain offenses should attempt it. Bad ones should just take all the points that they can get boot the EP.

Its a risk but the risk % as you mentioned it isn't as risky as it used to be.