• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

1st and 2nd Pick

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright lets pretend you have the first overall pick in the NBA Draft, you have a stud center like Oden, but you don't know he's going to be injury prone, and then you have a stud shooting guard like Durant.

Your team is re-building and you believe this player will be the cornerstone of your franchise who do you pick and why.

Remember you don't know how their careers are going to turn out.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Not knowing what we know now, I would have taken Oden. Granted, my basketball knowledge isn't very good but I think if you can take a potentially game-changing big man on both sides of the court, you have to take him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to agree with Squeak, especially when someone is compared to Bill Russell defensively and has a chance to become better than him offensively. High projected centers are more rare than high projected Small Forwards or Shooting Guards. So I would definitely take a chance on Greg Oden before Durant. Now if I replaced Durant with LeBron, and not knowing how his career would turn out I would of selected LeBron, just because of the Jordan labeled he had and the potential.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Definitely a center like Oden. Dominant centers are a rarity these days. They're game changers and can win you championships (Shaq and Hakeem most recently).

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
yeah everyone probably said the blazers should go with Oden. A good stable center is hard to find. Shooters can always go into slumps, but a center can contribute in more ways than scoring.