1990 - Women Wrestlers, 2000 - Divas

Don't you miss the 90's when you had great women wrestlers such as Victoria, Jazz, Molly Holly, Lita and Trish? Now, you have "divas" such as Eve, McCool... ugh... and... I forget the rest.

At least Victoria is still active. >:)

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Women's wrestling has certainly changed since the late 90s/early 2000s. Now days its all about the pretty face and less about the in rings skills. Mickie James and Beth and Victoria are all awesome but we could use more.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree it's very different, but those pretty faces do become better wrestlers, well most of them. Take Maria and Candice for example they were brought in the business to look good, but now after trainning and practicing there wrestling technique they've become decent wrestlers. So just give it some time for some female wrestlers to develop.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Candice has improved alot but I'm still waiting on Maria. She's ok, not great but ok.

Ashley on the other hand? TERRIBLE.

The only reason you'd think Maria isn't as good is because of that stupid fucking dumb-bimbo gimmick they gave her. Maria has alot of potential and what do they do, they ruin her.

Even with development women's wrestling will never be the same as when trish and litaq fueded over the woman's title or when Jazz was one of the most dominant female wrestlers in the world. Who can forget chyna? that's talent.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Chyna! She was entertaining and a good wrestler, too.

From what I tell nobody enjoys the Diva matches. I wonder why Vince is still going strong with these matches and competitions.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Chyna was an excellent entertainer.
I guess its possible we're thinking of a different person. She's the biggest joke of an Intercontinental Champion of all time. She was strong but actual in ring talent she was terrible. Those forearms she threw were all she had. She sucked on the mic, had no charisma, and the only reason she was pushed to anything was because of D-X.