• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV 1983 finale of medical drama M*A*S*H which drew 105.97 million viewers.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
BBC News - Super Bowl XLIV breaks ratings record

106 million?!!
WOW!
I used to love MASH, but I guess only because there was naff-all else on the TV. I'm not sure I'd like it now if I'd seen it for the first time, but I don't mind the odd rerun every now again for the sake of nostalgia.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Its not really fair to compare those two figures though. It really should be counted as 'percentage of people who own tvs watching'. Not the total number. Back in eighty three, there were a lot less people with tvs. 105 mill people watching was a lot more special back then, then it is today, considering that anyone can own a tv these days. They should be in their own category. Sports, and TV show.

twilitezone911

Registered Member
i wasn't big fan for the finale. i thought first a hour and half was disappointed the finale, hawkeye 's problem was best of that hour, and this rush getting bj to leaved, but was made up with perfect end of the show! i thought farewell party stunk, alan alda wrote and directed this show, this show was tooo long, and alda could written a better storyline !

BigBob

Registered Member
I loved the whole series, period. From black and white to the finale, it was a great series.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
i wasn't big fan for the finale. i thought first a hour and half was disappointed the finale, hawkeye 's problem was best of that hour, and this rush getting bj to leaved, but was made up with perfect end of the show! i thought farewell party stunk, alan alda wrote and directed this show, this show was tooo long, and alda could written a better storyline !
I remember Hawkeye flying away and seeing the goodbye written in stones. I thought that was well done and rather touching. MASH was a show that defied all odds. It lasted forever and was still good until the end despite the fact that the show really had very little to work with. Same camp week after week, same uniforms, same story: hurt people fly in, some live, some die...all in the backdrop of a misunderstood war that ended 30 years earlier.

twilitezone911

Registered Member
men in tights - agree with you ! mash keep wearing the clothes, and everything had to the same week, but that's war ! yes, the ending was best, for a show last 10 years, it was brilliant !