• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

1959 Dyatlov Pass incident

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A mysterious case of nine experienced skiers who died in bizarre circumstances on an expedition into Siberia may have been solved by an America researcher.
Donnie Eichar, a film-maker and author, spent four years investigating the so-called Dyatlov Pass incident, and has now claimed that he has discovered a 'scientific' explanation for the baffling case.

Has the Dyatlov Pass mystery of nine skiers who died in Siberia in 1959 been SOLVED? | Mail Online
I've always wondered what happened to these people. What would make them cut their way out of their tent and run out in the bitter cold with out their cloths and end up dieing. These people had all kinds of internal injuries but not a scratch on them.

I've heard all kinds of theories, even ones involving Aliens but I don't agree with this mans theory either. I don't think wind blowing through the mountains would cause some freak sound waves that caused them to do this. Possibly the soviets at the time could of been up to something, who knows, but I'm not sure they caused it either.

What do you think happened to these people? What do you think about this man's theory?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

The Dyatlov Pass Incident | Articles | Features | Fortean Times UK

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've never heard of this before this thread, but did some reading about it and it really is a mystery. I don't think this guys suggestion of infrasound making them lose their minds is too far fetched. It definitely seems like something made them lose their minds. But that doesn't explain why two of them (only) had physical injuries (what on earth happened to the one persons tongue?). There is also high levels of radiation involved.

It's all really creepy. I don't know if the truth will ever be known, but it's definitely interesting.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw a documentary one time that mentioned this. I wish I could find it again and if I do I'll post it.

I just don't see how a wind blowing through the mountains could of caused a freak sound wave. Not enough to cause these people to do this. It for sure wouldn't of caused high levels of radiation.

I found it but I don't agree with some of their theories either.

History Channel - Ancient Aliens S03E10-02 - YouTube

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
That documentary is a bit too far fetched for me, sorry. Radiation sickness could maybe explain the injuries some of them had, and the fact that they all went a bit psycho. But I would rather believe the radiation was caused by something from the cold war testing rumored to go on in that area during that time.

And then why did only some of them have physical injuries but they all tried to "escape" from their tent? The winds blowing in a way to cause infrasounds is a strange concept, but nature is weird like that.