18 Year Old Girl Among the Youngest to Climb Mt. Everest

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Mirage, May 20, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

2. myriad

myriad New Member

Impressive it is.
    More and more, I think, are trying to "reach for the top" at a very young age.
    Not bad to develop values in such a young age.

3. tater03

tater03 Registered Member

That is very impressive. Myself personally I wouldn't really want to climb this mountain. I have seen enough about the accidents that happen to really have any desire to try it.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't have any desire to climb Everest either.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't either. Too risky. I know a guy who says he might go for it eventually. He is bigtime into climbing and backpacking so I guess it could be up his alley in a few years. It takes a long time to train for though and even then it's quite dangerous. You are practically in space at the top of it though. Now that would be awesome!

6. ACCER

ACCER Registered Member

That's one cool girl. Gotta feel sorry for any guy trying to impress her with his adventures....She'd be tought to top!

7. tater03

tater03 Registered Member

I bet the view would be awesome. After watching some of the shows and movies about people that have attempted this climb I just wouldn't feel safe doing it. But I guess if you do this kind of stuff and have trained for it you would feel differently about it.

8. FourBear

FourBear New Member

The view at the top would be amazing, I'm sure, but you really can't stay up there long. Many climbers are in near agony when they reach that height, really struggling with each step.