• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

16 Signs That Your House is Haunted

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
You hear heavy footsteps in the upstairs hallway when you know no one is up there. Doors slam unaccountably. Commonly used items disappear and reappear without cause. The kitchen light turns on by itself. There's the unmistakable scent of a strange perfume in the air.

These may be indications that your house is haunted. True hauntings are rare occurrences, and it may be difficult to determine whether or not any strange phenomena you are experiencing in your home might be due to a haunting. For one thing, no one really knows what a "real" haunting is - what causes it or why it starts. There are many theories, of course, which we have discussed in this space in the article "Ghosts: What Are They?" But if you think your house may really be haunted, what can you do about it?

16 Signs That Your House is Haunted

I saw a ghost one time and it only lasted about 20 to 30 seconds. There were none of these other signs, the ghost of my dead cat came through a closed window jumped on the sofa then to the floor, sniffed some tools then ran down the hall and disappeared. Only time it happened that I am 100% sure it was a ghost.

Ever had any of the 16 things they list happen? Would you like to see a ghost?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
My house isn't haunted; I think, at the most, something has just passed through on occasions.

I like to think I'm a little in tune with that type of supernatural stuff; I'd actually like to go to the Amytiville house to see if I can pick anything up.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I used to be convinced my house was haunted when I was younger. Still in the same house today and I don't feel that way anymore thankfully. Do sometimes get a bit creeped out if I'm alone at night and hear a noise...all the times from childhood come flooding back a bit and ill just leave the room.

Never seen a ghost before, and although I'm really interested in paranormal stuff, I definitely would never ever want to see one, unless I was with someone else or outside. I don't know if I could live in a house if I'd seen a ghost there.

The reasons I used to think my house was haunted was typical things like I'd hear the keyboard typing in the study at 4am or something and I'd get out of bed to go see if one of my parents was in there...they weren't and the noise would stop. Lots of little things like that happened, and it was only ever when I was home alone or everybody else was sleeping. I was terrified but I never told my parents because at the same time I thought I was just being stupid. And I probably was lol.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I saw the ghost of my cat I wasn't the least bit frightened. I couldn't believe I was seeing a ghost. The weird thing was I could only see her out of the corner of my eye and if I looked directly at her she would disappear. I didn't notice any hot or cold spots either but I was in such awe of actually seeing a ghost I don't know if I would of noticed.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't really hear anything weird in my house. Every once in a while I'll hear something weird but it's usually something outside or explainable.

It's weird and creepy but I always wished I saw a ghost in my house but only if it was my grandpa who lived here for 50 years haha...but thinking it over that would be really scary at the same time.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wish I could see another ghost. If they are someone you know I don't think you would be scared. Its so awesome and eye opening to see one. Makes you realize that death isn't the end of anything.

Now if I were to see a ghost of a mass murderer or something like that I think I would be scared. They may try to hurt you.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Outside of the occasional strange sound, I haven't experienced anything on the list. For the most part, I tend not to believe in ghosts. And most sounds can eventually be explained once you track them down.

There's a small part of me that thinks there could be some out there when I hear credible stories from places other than TV (for example, a family member had visited this really old manor in the U.K....they had had heard countless people from the area and from outside of the country corroborating the same couple of ghost stories).