16,000 Words a Month

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

The average person says 16,000 words a day.

If you knew that somehow you could only say 16,000 words a month or die (insert some crazy medical or evil magic explanation here if it helps you) how well do you think you would do?

Let's assume this includes writing, typing, sign language, etc.

I would do pretty badly but I'd try hard to make it work. Expect my monthly post count to be minimal if that. :lol:

2. Suzie

Suzie Registered Member

Whew... that would suck. That would be really hard... yeah, I would no longer go on the internet, if my words included typing!

3. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

That would be pretty tough but if you were anti social you can make it. I order to make it, you will probably only have to keep it at about 533 words a day. If this was ever a law, go ahead and fine me now.

4. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Do I get some sort of counter, so I have a vague idea at what my word count is?

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I could do that if it was just including talking, but since its not i'd find it soo difficult, I type a lot. I suppose it wouldn't be impossible, but it would suck!

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm pretty sure I'd be safe, here alone Ive got 256 posts averaging 86 words per post... thats 22,016 words right there. If I were to add in every Phone conversation, every Text session, IM's, and face to face conversations....Im overly confident I produce more than 16,000 words a month.

But then again Im one of those people that loves to explain things when I really dont have to. Makes teaching others a breeze but also makes me seem like a blowhard to those who already get it. :hah:

7. Adrenaline

Adrenaline Registered Member

So pretty much, you'd have to talk as much as you do in a day, in just one month?

Harsh. I'd probably end up crashing a plane on a deserted island. Nobody to talk to there!

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It seemed too easy because you read the OP wrong.. :lol:

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

ok you and I have to quit doing this! :hah: You keep asking questions like an SAT test! Hiding that 1 little word that turns the whole question around hahaha.

If I could only say 16,000 words no more..... I just couldnt do it. Same reason I said I could pass the 16k with ease. I just explain myseld to much.

10. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Provided people have a way to keep track of how many words they've used, and it really was a matter of survival... Anybody could do it.

Anyone that couldn't, and would actually elect death over yap needs therapy.