• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

14-year-old shoots self in N.H. school cafeteria

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
(AP) WALPOLE, N.H. - A 14-year-old shot himself in the face in a New Hampshire elementary school cafeteria filled with dozens of students eating lunch, officials said Friday. Read More Here
What could of been bothering that child so much that he would do something like this. They said he was depressed but they don't seem to know about what. He is in serious condition and I hope he recovers fully. I think if he does his parents should seek professional help for him so he doesn't resort to trying to commit suicide again. I also think the children that witness this should have some type of professional help and the parents should talk to them also.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
-sigh-

Why can't those kids just suck it up? There has been a lot of incidents and deaths world wide where kids cannot deal with their personal issues. So spoiled that they think death is the easy way out because they think they have it hard. They seriously need a reality check, explore the world, go to Africa and see what SUFFERING really is.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
-sigh-

Why can't those kids just suck it up? There has been a lot of incidents and deaths world wide where kids cannot deal with their personal issues. So spoiled that they think death is the easy way out because they think they have it hard. They seriously need a reality check, explore the world, go to Africa and see what SUFFERING really is.
That's the issue they don't know how good they have it in comparison to people in places like Africa. People don't understand that the only suffering that they will cause when they kill themselves is to their families and close ones as well.

The thing that struck my as odd is that it was up here in NH we don't get many of these in the news as far as I can ever remember. Then again my memory is known to fuzz out on occasion.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
That's the issue they don't know how good they have it in comparison to people in places like Africa. People don't understand that the only suffering that they will cause when they kill themselves is to their families and close ones as well.

The thing that struck my as odd is that it was up here in NH we don't get many of these in the news as far as I can ever remember. Then again my memory is known to fuzz out on occasion.
I don't think it's quite fair to compare the problems kids here face to the problems of kids in Africa.

I wouldn't doubt that kids these days aren't as tough as they used to be, but mental illness is what it is. Regardless of what lead to that point, the kid felt the need to kill himself. You can't just suck that up.

Question I have is, how did a 14 year old kid end up with a gun, and bring it to school?

Dekzper

Registered Member
I read about that - the whole story. And yeah, like anybody even really gave a f**k. But hey, they wouldn't put that in the news.
170 kids in the cafeteria?? I can just hear it. "Who do we know that we f'd with enough that they'd rather be dead today?".
They "recently" started an anti-bullying program. I wonder why they had to do that??

Here's what CBS didn't say. Watch the news video from the school, near the bottom.
Hunter Mack, New Hampshire teen shoots himself in the face (PHOTOS) | Global Grind
Omg! We didn't know he brought a f**king RIFLE to school or that he had it in the cafeteria! Where'd he hide it? In his shoe??
He was only talking about offing himself for a whole week! We're so f**king surprised!

I've wondered if death isn't better than school. But hey, I got help. His "friends" obviously didn't give a f**k.

EDIT: Kids in Africa?? So the solution is to send us to a f**king war zone with zero food so we'll appreciated being harassed to death? Where next, an active volcano??

Btw, mentally ill kids don't win awards in school. That was in the article.

Last edited:

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
He was only talking about offing himself for a whole week! We're so f**king surprised!
Yeah talking about suicide no matter what age shouldn't be taken lightly. I remember one student back in high school who did a creative assignment simply on the subject of death and suicide and he was sent to the counselor's office.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Geez that would have been pretty traumatic for the other kids eating lunch that day. I wonder how he got the gun. A 14-year old getting hold of a gun would be pretty impossible here. I thought some American schools had those scanner things to make sure no kids taken weapons in? I think it's pretty sick how the relative is talking about him, for being such a "good hunter". And bragging about how he shot his first deer. That's disgusting, and nothing to be proud of.

I wonder if he was bullied?

Wade8813

Registered Member
-sigh-

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being spoiled.

For that matter, seeing how bad others have it could easily make his depression worse.

Btw, mentally ill kids don't win awards in school. That was in the article.
I agree with the rest of your post, but this part is wrong. Mental illness can be a wide range of effects and severity, and can even show up later in life.