• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

14 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is just terrible. Dark theater, full of people, narrow aisles, not many exits. In many ways, it's the perfect venue for something like this. How utterly horrifying.

My condolences go out to the family and friends of the people who died.

Bliss

Sally Twit
That is absolutely terrible. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this on the news at work today. You'd never in a million years fear for your life when going to the cinema. Those poor people must have been so excited before this lunatic appeared. Very sad.

Taliesin

Registered Member
This makes me never want to go to a cinema ever again. I know that's an irrational response on my part, but it's just so shocking to read this. I just can't wrap my head around this at all.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I know it's the least of the problems, but I just realised that those poor people never even got to see the end of the movie. And since they were at a midnight showing they must have been diehard fans. That breaks my heart to think about it, even though it's just a small detail in all of this.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This makes me never want to go to a cinema ever again. I know that's an irrational response on my part, but it's just so shocking to read this. I just can't wrap my head around this at all.
I know you probably don't really mean this, but you cannot think that way. There's shootings at malls, restaurants, pretty much everywhere. You cannot avoid these places because of these type of events. It's unfortunate, for sure, but you cannot stop living your day to day life and stay inside all the time and not go enjoy such things as movies at the theater.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Yes I understand where you're coming from. And I feel for Christopher Nolan as well as this will always be associated with the Movie now.
One of the victims appeared to be nine years old. How could anyone look a child in the eyes and shoot? Really does break my heart.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Well, since it happened in a dark cinema I doubt the shooter would have looked at any specific people, child or not. It's so dark in cinemas you wouldn't be able to see anything. He was probably just blindly shooting at anything. I hope the idiot wasn't trying to do anything to do with the movie. Like replicate what happened in it or something.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Right now. SWAT team is surrounding a building in Aurora and "there may be explosives in there," apparently regarding one of the suspects.

Witnesses say the suspect came in from the emergency door, from the outside, had a black vest on and threw gas canisters before opening fire during a gun scene in the movie.

There's a 3-month-old who is one of the injured. Who the FUCK takes a 3-month-old to a midnight showing of freakin' Batman.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Well in the article it said he walked up and was 'choosing' the people he was shooting. Even if you can't see everyone clearly you can still tell if someone is a child.