• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 127 Hours

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I was suprised that there wasn't already a thread about this so appologies if I missed it and this a repost. Danny Boyle's latest film is based on true events about a guy named Aron Ralston, who got his arm trapped under a rock and had to go to great lengths in order to survive.

YouTube - 127 Hours - Official Trailer [HD] (Aron Ralston's Story)

I thoroughly enjoyed this film but perhaps "enjoy" isn't the right word. It was quite difficult at times. Some of the things he endures will be wince inducing but Boyle doesn't let it turn into a bleak film about physical pain. There are moments of comic relief and James Franco carries the whole film extremely well.

Has anyone else seen it? If not, I highly recommend that you do :)

Impact

V.I.P.
I've been wanting to see this, actually. The trailer for it looks pretty good, and I generally like films based on true events. Due to funds though, i'll have to wait for it to be out on dvd.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I heard that people fainted during this. I think it's because when you're watching it you know that it's a true story so you can't help but feel what he went through as you're watching it.
I have to admit I was shocked who they picked to play the lead.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I have to admit I was shocked who they picked to play the lead.
I always find James Franco has a really likeable screen presence. I've liked him in everything that I've seen him in (Spider-man trilogy, Pineapple Express and Milk). I'm glad he's been tossed a challenging role and he pulled it off spectacularly.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I remember reading his story and watching some interviews with him when this first happened.

I'll be seeing this movie for sure.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never heard about this story, but after seeing the trailer I'm definitely intrigued. It also helps you that they leave you guessing what happens(once again, I don't know the story).

I as well am a fan of James Franco, and by the looks of the short trailer it seems like he's doing a good job.

Impact

V.I.P.
I had to google Franco to see who he was. I've only really noticed him in Pineapple Express, so it will be interesting to see him in a more serious role.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've not heard about this until now. I have to see this movie now. I'm so tempted to go read up about these events but think I should maybe watch the movie first.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I know all about the actual story and I've heard the movie is really good, so I definitely want to see this. I always love outdoors survival type stuff.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I've not heard about this until now. I have to see this movie now. I'm so tempted to go read up about these events but think I should maybe watch the movie first.
I knew the gist of what happened and it didn't effect my enjoyment at all. I think a lot of people who go to see it are waiting a certain scene
Cutting his own arm off
but the film is more about the emotional journey of the character as he endures being trapped rather than the lengths he resorts to.