12 year old over 7ft tall & still growing

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by AngelsPeak, Aug 21, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

He's the only persons doctors know of to ever have this condition.

ABC News: Meet the Boy Too Big for His Mom's SUV

2. padd

padd Registered Member

being 7 ft tall is not a handicap is it? so many basketball players and wrestlers are that height, do they have special homes and clothes?

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I know that none of the doorways in my house are made to accommodate anyone over 7ft.

4. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

Being 7 foot tall isn't a handicap, but being 12 years old and 7 feet tall and still growing is. I am sure for now it is ok but it can't be healthy to never stop growing at some point I am sure this will end up killing him.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I saw a documentary about this kind of thing a few months ago. I don't know if it's the exact same disease (must not be if this is the only known case), but it was similar in that the people will never stop growing. It was called acromegalic gigantism.

6. padd

padd Registered Member

I think they mentioned in the article his growing has slowed.. so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

7. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

Holy crap. It must be hard walking through doorways.

8. The_Burger_King

Although if I were a 7 foot and counting 12 year old I would own the paint for the middle school basketball team.

9. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Yes, they found a way to slow the growth,

Who knows what the long term health affects will be though.

10. The_Burger_King

I do feel bad for the kid if he ends up with long term issues from it, but hopefully he can live a long and healthy life.