• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

12 States You Might Want to Be Extremely Careful In

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Not sure why you need to be 'careful', these states are just taxing people on things we know people like. Drugs, gambling, prostitution, etc. They're easy to tax and guaranteed to generate tax revenue because people cannot do without them.

I think it's cute how they call it a 'sin' tax though.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I disagree that those states are ones you want to be "careful" in. States like Nevada and Deleware have rampant legal gaming but that is in no way a sin or a reason to be careful. If you want states, or cities, to be careful in you should avoid parts of California, Maryland, New York and, of course, Michigan.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The article proves that things like gambling and prostitution, when regulated and controlled, can actually be a really good source of revenue and encourages tourism and stimulates the economy, among other things.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Australia also has similar taxes on some things like smoking and drinking. I think they want to increase some of them too. Smoking and drinking cause this country billions of dollars worth of hospitals costs every year, which comes back to the taxpayers. So if the people who are smoking and drinking too much have to pay a bit more then I don't care. It's the taxpayers who end up having to cover their heart attacks and lung cancer.